Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Got tickets to NYC booked, and everything is settled here with work for me to not have to fight for the weekend off
NICE! When are you going to NYC?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
NICE! When are you going to NYC?
November 17-19

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Our Cinderella DVD came today I pre ordered it about two months ago lol. Hannah is watching it right now. It came with 4 lithographs and a coupon for $20 any $40 purchase from disneystore.com

The BEST news of the day though....

Today I bought the plane tickets for my mom and step dad for their trip here for Christmas I'm so excited. I have been wanting to buy the tickets for a while but something always happens that ends up costing a ton of money. the latest escapade was after a storm when our living room had no power so we had to have an electrician come out. $275 later... that $275 was money I had saved for the tickets. easy come easy go. So I was back to nothing saved for the tickets. I was really down and out about that

Then the next day, God answered my prayer. Brian texted me and told me he had good news. I came home and he told me that we would be able to buy the tickets afterall. When he left his old job it was just before he was supposed to go on a business trip to a conference in Seattle. The company had bought his ticket long before. Well his ex boss/still a friend called him that day and said that he had gotten an email from southwest about needing to use that ticket. Since it was non transferrable he told Brian he could just have the ticket and said "merry Christmas, happy birthday... just enjoy" lol.

Well what were we going to do with one ticket in his name? nothing lol. so he called southwest and told them that he was never going to be able to use that ticket and they offered to give him a voucher for the cost of the ticket minus $75. So we ended up with a $340 voucher for southwest

So today I bought the tickets and paid only $94 out of pocket for a round trip flight for my mom and step dad and they will be here from December 22nd to December 29th HOOOOOORAY. My mommy will be here for Christmas. Best gift EVER

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
It was exactly the same with me. I had to get the hang of it, and now it's easy/fun. When you get to know the kids a little bit, you don't feel so awkward getting onto them when they're acting up lol.

I suck at names too! Omg it's so hard. I can hardly remember the names of the 5 or 6 people I work with! O.O I just remembered today that a lady I work with I named Jackie, and all this time I've been thinking it was something that started with a "t". XD

But yeah I think you'll enjoy it! I really do. I truly like it more each day.
What age group are you working with? I'm in a preschool class so its 3-5 year Olds... I don't know if that's better or worse than school age kids lol. I guess the disadvantage is that the whole school thing is brand new to them so they have to learn what its all about too.

You're right, I feel sooo weird stepping in and taking charge with all these strange kids lol. But it was pretty cool to show up today and have a bunch of kids yell "Miss Ally!" and run up to hug me. I got to take home our classroom mascot Teddy bear for the weekend lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
What age group are you working with? I'm in a preschool class so its 3-5 year Olds... I don't know if that's better or worse than school age kids lol. I guess the disadvantage is that the whole school thing is brand new to them so they have to learn what its all about too.

You're right, I feel sooo weird stepping in and taking charge with all these strange kids lol. But it was pretty cool to show up today and have a bunch of kids yell "Miss Ally!" and run up to hug me. I got to take home our classroom mascot Teddy bear for the weekend lol.

K-5. They're broken up into K and 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and 4th and 5th. I get a different group every time, but I usually end up with K and 1st grade. That's who I had today. They are so cute! Two of them drew pictures for me today, and a bunch of them wanted to hold my hand when we walked to/from the class room. It really is a cool feeling when a bunch of them run up to hug you. Plus a lot of the 4th and 5th graders love Justin Bieber so we get along. Haha!!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

I definitely prefer the preschoolers lol. I subbed in a 2nd/3rd grade History class at co op. 2nd/3rd grade boys are crazy lol they are so... BOY!!! hahaha.

I work with ages 3-5 two days a week at work and teach 3rd session preschool at one of the co ops on day a week and co teach art with the prek/K class at the other co op another day. They keep me on my toes lol but they are so much fun

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Sport Model Pug

I got a Vitamix. Today is day 2 of operation BLEND ALL THE THINGS! Gotta make 98 more smoothies or soups in it to make it worth the price

I love it though, I can't believe I've gone 10 or so years without a blender or food processor at all!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Top Dog

I want a blender so badly. There's something else I wanted too. Now I can't remember....toaster oven? We finally got a microwave a few months ago, so hallelujah for that.

Good news is, Jin's 8 day break is still on the table. Super excited since he's never had one and there's been a lot of five day tours and back to backs lately. We still have to wake up at 5:30-6am every morning...but I guess it's worth the price.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

This may seem like a total minor good news post, but here goes it. Joey greeted someone at the Tractor Supply Store today without trying to jump on them AT ALL. Considering how badly he wants to be in peoples' faces that's big for him. We also went to my sister inlaw's place today and he couldn't get enough of lovin on my nephew. He's so good with kids.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM
We are Home.

Just got a REALLY cheap Belle costume for Bev!!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie