Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

"Thank God it's Friday night, and I juuuuuuuuust got paid!"

NYSNC kind of day today, baby.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-05-2012, 03:19 PM
We are Home.

Jeremy got his second job!!! We are MOVING!! 3 houses over but ALOT bigger (currently in a 2/1 that ones a 4/2)

YAY!!!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Awesome! What kind of second job is it?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
We are Home.

pizza delivery. nothing fancy but it make up for his current asshole bosses.

I also found out yesterday we live around a mile from the Mule Day grounds <3

Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Chihuahua Power!

What does he currently do? Asshole bosses are no fun at all.

What is Mule Day? LOL. Is it a fair or a show/event for mules? I want to go!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 PM
We are Home.

fair/mule show. they do cane grinding and all kinds of fun stuff

http://www.caironet.com/MULE.htm

grocery stocker. He made better money before and makes enough to support us but not really alot of extras. They have him doing the job of three people but refuse his raise even when he told them it would mean a second job and they get him less hours. Their loss though. Hes just keeping it so that he can transfer later.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
fair/mule show. they do cane grinding and all kinds of fun stuff

http://www.caironet.com/MULE.htm

grocery stocker. He made better money before and makes enough to support us but not really alot of extras. They have him doing the job of three people but refuse his raise even when he told them it would mean a second job and they get him less hours. Their loss though. Hes just keeping it so that he can transfer later.
The Mule Day looks really fun!

Ugh, that's not fair at all. When I worked at Publix they'd do stuff like that as well, especially to the people who weren't working full time. You'd ask for more hours and they'd cut them... but then one week you'd ask for less, and they'd overload you with hours. And then they'd expect you to do more than you could get done in the amount of time you were scheduled. I remember our stock clerks would have to unload trucks/stock the sheves AND get called up to the bagging area when it was busy... and then the managers would be like "WHY didn't you finish unloading that pallet?"

Hopefully he can transfer to another store. The sad thing about retail is how different each store is from the next. I LOVED working at the Publix by my house when I was in high school- the managers were awesome and really cared about their employees. The one by my college was terrible and I quit a few months after I started because I couldn't handle how they treated us. The managers would stand at the front and file their nails, and go ballistic if there was an onion peel in front of the registers that you missed.

*End rant* lol.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
The Mule Day looks really fun!

Ugh, that's not fair at all. When I worked at Publix they'd do stuff like that as well, especially to the people who weren't working full time. You'd ask for more hours and they'd cut them... but then one week you'd ask for less, and they'd overload you with hours. And then they'd expect you to do more than you could get done in the amount of time you were scheduled. I remember our stock clerks would have to unload trucks/stock the sheves AND get called up to the bagging area when it was busy... and then the managers would be like "WHY didn't you finish unloading that pallet?"

Hopefully he can transfer to another store. The sad thing about retail is how different each store is from the next. I LOVED working at the Publix by my house when I was in high school- the managers were awesome and really cared about their employees. The one by my college was terrible and I quit a few months after I started because I couldn't handle how they treated us. The managers would stand at the front and file their nails, and go ballistic if there was an onion peel in front of the registers that you missed.

*End rant* lol.

Thats his life and hes doing part of the grocery managers job since they are sans store manager and hes doing floors nightly since they fired the floor guy. He works a min. of 12 hours 6 days a week when they have 3 stockers. Savannah was in the hospital and they NEEDED him. Its normal on his day off to get a text We NEED you here come in! They have one stocker who doesnt even throw the company MINIMUM and they still keep him. They cant trust him to do ANYTHING. He took a paycut when he went back to this store and they still wont even get him CLOSER to what he was making before.

He will have the truck unloaded and 3 pallets put up by the time the on guy has 1 done.
Mule day is awesome and the kids will LOVE it.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Top Dog

Our day is done, so we have the rest of today and most of tomorrow (save for waking up at 5:30am for DH's PT) to enjoy before he leaves again Sunday.

More good news is he is doing better in PT and he has an 8 day break after this next tour. Hopefully it will stay that way, and the 8 day stays...without too much calling of the office.

Zaner is being a snuggly butt. <3
Old 10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Got tickets to NYC booked, and everything is settled here with work for me to not have to fight for the weekend off

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13