Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Tired and frustrated with all my traveling lately and the total lack of opportunity to play with my dogs. Just sayin

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I've been trying to constantly reward for calm behavior in their crates. I see more improvement with Mia. The more I work Mia in front of Summer, the more Summer barks. Mia will bark once or twice when I grab Summer to work but Summer barks the entire time I work with Mia. I do work them at home with Summer in the crate and she's fine at home (much quieter than Mia!).
That is a good start. Can you find places not as stimulating as agility to work with them other than at home?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Tired and frustrated with all my traveling lately and the total lack of opportunity to play with my dogs. Just sayin
Don't you hate that? Hope it gets better
Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Don't you hate that? Hope it gets better
It should get better starting in November. Just in time for the cold season and a total lack of trials

But speaking of happier things -- how's the next generation coming along? Do you get the feeling that Operation Knock Who Up is a success?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
It should get better starting in November. Just in time for the cold season and a total lack of trials

But speaking of happier things -- how's the next generation coming along? Do you get the feeling that Operation Knock Who Up is a success?
Oh that never fails, you don't have the time, then when you do............limited trials or none. Yep that is how it goes lol.

Yes, it is looking like Operation Get Who Knocked Up is a success (thankfully after all the money I spent on it so far lol) It has been 24 days since the first breeding. Her barrel has expanded a ton, she looks like she has eaten a loaf of bread, developing a pouch in her belly and her teats are starting to get larger. This past week she has been a touch bitchy (not like her at all) with the other dogs. I showed Who to one of my students on Wednesday, this student has been a breeder of small dogs for a long time. She looked at her and said, 'preggo's without a doubt'. She also lightly palped her (I didn't want her to palp hard) and said she readily felt 3 hazel nuts up in there on the one side and didn't check the other side I really wasn't comfortable with even a light palp, dont see the need esp in this day and age, when we can safely check them by ultrasound. It just means waiting to find out by a couple of weeks. I have an ultrasound booked for her on the 19th. I'll book her for an xray the week before her due date if there is any question of how many she is having.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Oh that never fails, you don't have the time, then when you do............limited trials or none. Yep that is how it goes lol.

Yes, it is looking like Operation Get Who Knocked Up is a success (thankfully after all the money I spent on it so far lol) It has been 24 days since the first breeding. Her barrel has expanded a ton, she looks like she has eaten a loaf of bread, developing a pouch in her belly and her teats are starting to get larger. This past week she has been a touch bitchy (not like her at all) with the other dogs. I showed Who to one of my students on Wednesday, this student has been a breeder of small dogs for a long time. She looked at her and said, 'preggo's without a doubt'. She also lightly palped her (I didn't want her to palp hard) and said she readily felt 3 hazel nuts up in there on the one side and didn't check the other side I really wasn't comfortable with even a light palp, dont see the need esp in this day and age, when we can safely check them by ultrasound. It just means waiting to find out by a couple of weeks. I have an ultrasound booked for her on the 19th. I'll book her for an xray the week before her due date if there is any question of how many she is having.
Too true...and going into heat during our fall run of trials was just icing on the cake lemme tell ya

Hurray Who pups! Fingers crossed for a very smooth pregnancy and whelping!

And yeah I sympathize on the expenses...doing the math for Mira's is making me wince and it's still way off. AI though so that doesn't help.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm All Ears

Tonight was rather uneventful. Stays were better overall. I am still slower than the dogs. I am a little concerned because Summer slowed down at the end of class and that always has me concerned. They were both loud and obnoxious.

Two things stuck out.

1. Summer got the zoomies at her first turn and one of my classmates was sitting there with her arms resting on her knees and hands locked. Summer went running up and did a perfect jump through her arms. I think everyone about died laughing. Of course they had asked me if I taught her that. Not really although we have done the jumping over my arm (not in a hoop) before. She didn't even go up for pets or anything. Just *run run run* *jump* *tunnel* *go to the sidelines and jump through that persons' arms that are making a hoop*

2. My trainer warned me today that Mia is very smart. lol
Old 10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
1. Summer got the zoomies at her first turn and one of my classmates was sitting there with her arms resting on her knees and hands locked. Summer went running up and did a perfect jump through her arms. I think everyone about died laughing. Of course they had asked me if I taught her that. Not really although we have done the jumping over my arm (not in a hoop) before. She didn't even go up for pets or anything. Just *run run run* *jump* *tunnel* *go to the sidelines and jump through that persons' arms that are making a hoop*
HAhahahahahha! She's saying she wants to be a disc dog.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm All Ears

If only she didn't think people were mean when they threw things at her.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Or Freestyle lol...bonus points for audience participation?