Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM
<--------Orson

Default Ladies....especially you moms...

or dads/guys too I guess!

How many of you take the time to totally spoil yourself and relax on a regular basis? And what does that 'spoiling yourself' consist of?

For me that is full on lock the bathroom door, light the candles, play some gentle music, soak in a nice bath, and no matter what noises you hear outside the door, you stay focused on relaxing and soaking up the peaceful goodness!

I just realized it's been at LEAST 3 months since I've done it! Yes, I've showered, hahaha, just not a relaxing hot bath with all the above mentioned accessories!

*Think I'll go do that right now!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Maybe a little retail therapy for ME. As in, I go 5 years without ever buying anything like clothes. Or I start mixing the last of every shampoo because I don't want to buy more. Or I never buy anything decorative for the house because it's wasteful. So I cut out the budgeting voice and I go spend $50 or so on things like that.

Starbucks coffee, something I like to eat. Might be chinese take out or just a fast food run.

Lots of stretches/yoga to re-align everything, particularly lower back and hips. I have terrible hip flexors and rarely find the time to stretch everything out, so I always seem to be in pain and stressed out about it.

Long, hot bath. With salts. And possibly bubbles. Dim lights. Locked door. With candles.

Find something nice on Netflix. Paint my nails. Actually use lotion. Put on my fluffy socks. Go to bed drugged on something (Tylenol PM or whatever).
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I dont do me time.

I dont have time for me time.

I can think about me when the kids are teens , until then I focus on
Chris/Lucy time. Which is we go out to eat once a month to the chinese buffet , or gasp we spend 20.00 each at the truck stop on video poker.

We dont drink or do other things , I have cut the backstabbers out and now our few friends come to us . We have people over once , twice a week or so . But they are mostly Chris's friends. I dont want close women friends right now , I am still healing and trying to get the knife out from the last bitch.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Taxiderpy

Every day when they're both asleep and the house is quiet I do some writing. Even if it's only 15 minutes or so.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Every day when they're both asleep and the house is quiet I do some writing. Even if it's only 15 minutes or so.
I wish we had a like button. I'm not sure why but I find this awesome.

For "me" time, I generally just lay in bed or in the bath and listen to music. Sometimes I write, and sometimes I just think about things, life, the future, the past.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

I get it in the evenings. When the kids were little they never really napped. Now that they are older they are more independent for sure but I of course am "on duty".

I take a bath and read pretty much every evening. Some friends and I also try to get together when we can. We were doing yoga once a week but now that we are loosing sunlight that has stopped.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

When my kids were little, after they went to bed, I would grab something to drink and put on my bathing suit (or not) and sit in the hot tub for a long time. Then I would come in, get in my pj's and curl up with a book. I miss those days.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
<--------Orson

Well I only soaked about 1/2 an hour.......don't know what the problem is but I couldn't get relaxed so I gave up.

I like a little retail therapy now and then too Lyz, I try to keep it to a minimum for obvious reasons, LOL.....baths are generally cheaper!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:12 PM
We are Home.

Me time? I wish. Usually I load up the kids and go for a walk with a friend once a week though. She has a little girl Morgans age and a double jogger so we let them run and then ride when they are tired and we get to talk and what not.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM
<--------Orson

Well my youngest is going to be 13 in about a week..........but I remember when they were all very small! Much more hectic time.

That's where having a good partner comes in. Remember Breeze, being with the kids 24/7 does NOT prove you are a perfect mommy..........as a matter of fact, good mommies know when to let daddies (or grandmas, or friends) take over so they can recharge batteries.

Taking time for yourself makes you a better mommy in the long run

Plus, your kids and J can't appreciate you if you don't go away! LOLOL