Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
While we were packing the moving truck Shamoo knocked over a bag of kibble. I didn't think much was gone so I didn't induce vomiting. Over night she gorged on water and woke me 4 times to get outside. Today she's coming to work, fat as a tick, so I don't have to clean out a poop filled crate tonight. In this family we reward bad behavior. :-/
OH NO! Things are moving through though, right? *worries*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Yeah, she's had 3 small poops and she's still bloated though and still water starved. She's still full of herself though so I'm not too worried yet.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Other vent, Denis is now gone and with him went my Internet. I have 4G on my phone but I'm still bummed for lack of Netflix. Guess ill be hitting red box tonight.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Coffeemate discontinued their holiday Gingerbread creamer. This is horrible news. My favorite creamer ever and they let it go and kept crap like peppermint and egg nog? Ugh

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

Real doozy at work today. Woman is looking at the dog toys...she picks up one, squeezes it and it squeaks. She turns to me and goes "Ohh, no way am I getting this, did you know if give your dog toys with squeakers they think they are killing an animal? NO way do I want my dog thinking he is killing an animal!".

Oh, the horror...

Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 PM
orange iguanas.

My whine of the day: I am cool and drink a Dr. Pepper before bed every night. It is like my tea that helps me sleep lol. I was really looking forward to having one today. And then it dawned on me that I drank the last one last night. NOOOO.

Also, according to the lab, Juno's fecal sample was negative. But yesterday when I looked at it under the microscope, me and 2 other techs saw objects that clearly resembled eggs. We didn't know WHAT kind of eggs, which is why we sent it out... but I find it hard to believe that they were nothing. So now I don't know what to do because I was really confused when I got that voicemail. I don't really want my dog to have any sort of parasite lol but I thought maybe we had found the answer to her vomiting/diarrhea. A second opinion elsewhere would be nice, but it is going to hurt to not have my discount anymore, so I don't really feel like bringing her in unless I HAVE to. Blah.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Blackout

Southpaw,

Hope Juno will be ok and the eggs burn in hell. Note about the Dr Pepper - a family friend who is a retired doctor; for years had a Pepsi habit. But not just at bedtime... He liked one when he woke up, after his shower, during breakfast, before the morning walk, after the morning walk, pre lunch apertif, during lunch, after....you get the picture. He went through 1 12 can pack a day - sometimes more. He came down with severe diabetes sometime ago and has since cut his habit in half - and switched to diet Pepsi instead....

Not saying your bedtime Dr Pepper is dangerous - just sharing a story lol.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Yeah, she's had 3 small poops and she's still bloated though and still water starved. She's still full of herself though so I'm not too worried yet.
Hope things keep moving through.

I'm way paranoid about bloating

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
Southpaw,

Hope Juno will be ok and the eggs burn in hell. Note about the Dr Pepper - a family friend who is a retired doctor; for years had a Pepsi habit. But not just at bedtime... He liked one when he woke up, after his shower, during breakfast, before the morning walk, after the morning walk, pre lunch apertif, during lunch, after....you get the picture. He went through 1 12 can pack a day - sometimes more. He came down with severe diabetes sometime ago and has since cut his habit in half - and switched to diet Pepsi instead....

Not saying your bedtime Dr Pepper is dangerous - just sharing a story lol.
Diet drinks are WAYYY worse for you than normal drinks. Like, way. Only "upside" is no sugar.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yesterday had a client come in with a 7 year old intact Schnauzer bitch that was oozing puss from her vagina.

Give you two guesses.

Surgery, medication, and hospitalization would have cost around $800. He opted to put the dog down.

I can't fault someone for humanely euthanizing a dog because they truly can't afford treatment and the dog won't be able to recover fully. I find fault in someone putting their dog down without even trying to find an alternative option when the dog's quality of life will be 100% after the procedure. Especially when said issue could have been completely prevented had he just taken his dog and spent $90 at the low cost SN clinic. I mean, for God's sake, we had two dirt poor college kids just spend $900 on their newly adopted puppy when she snapped her femur in two. We had someone spend $600 on their unneutered, un vaccinated barn cat after he had almost all of his skin on his leg sloughed off by something.

That just really....irritated me. It really did. And if that makes me a judgmental bitch, oh well. The client has a two year old unspayed Labrador at home...hope to God he gets her spayed, or heaven forbid she come down with pyo.