The Venting Thread

The fact that anyone thinks that Obama has gotten where he is because of his skin color is just..I can't even think of a word that sums it up! I'll just go with WRONG.

Anybody who had any grasp on how deep racism runs would understand that Obama has reached where he is today largely in spite of his race and background, certainly not because of it.
Regardless of the few token examples of "Oh I know a guy who voted for him because he's black!"
How many racists do you think live and breathe and vote in this country?
How many presidents do you know that have been hung dry over a birth certificate? their name? Do you have any idea how many challenges Obama must have faced to even break through and get as far as he has, regardless of how you feel about him, take a look at the VAST MAJORITY of those in congress and politics in general and tell me that things aren't skewed in a certain white direction.

"People just vote for Obama because he's black! WAHH! Poor Mittens! It must be so hard being a white male running for president! I mean look at the history books! WHITE MEN JUST CAN'T CATCH A BREAK RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY!"
Yet again, just quoting Fran to say yes, this is what I was trying to say only its much better in her words

Barbara!

I hate to say it, but down here in the South, most Obama haters are Christians. They are blinded by the idea that Obama must be a Muslim who wants to take down America, a gay lover, and a man who hates God and murders fetuses. That's most of the southern argument against him and it makes me sick that people can be so blind with hatred and ignorance.

Lyzelle

I hate to say it, but down here in the South, most Obama haters are Christians. They are blinded by the idea that Obama must be a Muslim who wants to take down America, a gay lover, and a man who hates God and murders fetuses. That's most of the southern argument against him and it makes me sick that people can be so blind with hatred and ignorance.
Also true. Another forum I'm on has a ton of people who are only supporting Romney because he's Christian.

Barbara!

Not particularly a vent, but more of a quandary...

I was looking at available horses at a horse rescue and they adopted out horses and bred them as well. (The ones they have for adoption.) Is it just me or is that odd?

crazedACD

Tread carefully with equine rescues. Website link? What are they breeding? Is their breeding stock performance tested? Good conformation? If they are producing worthy stock and taking in some rescues too, that's great. If not..run.

Mom, if we do indeed lose the house we will be going our separate ways. Dad isn't willing to take up digs with you at your brother's residence and neither am I - and your son is keen on a gamer friend of his basement sofa.

This was inevitable - your kids would move out sooner or later - and your husband can't stand that brother of yours; you've said yourself that time apart wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either...so stop freaking out about our family "splitting up" kays? we will all be just a text or call away from each other (that's close enough as it is) and we still have a fighting chance of keeping this roof over our heads anyways - which is what me and dad are focusing all our energy on now - I suggest you join us.

Cautious regards,
Stephy

Now for some K-pop.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7mPqycQ0tQ

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
While we were packing the moving truck Shamoo knocked over a bag of kibble. I didn't think much was gone so I didn't induce vomiting. Over night she gorged on water and woke me 4 times to get outside. Today she's coming to work, fat as a tick, so I don't have to clean out a poop filled crate tonight. In this family we reward bad behavior. :-/

While we were packing the moving truck Shamoo knocked over a bag of kibble. I didn't think much was gone so I didn't induce vomiting. Over night she gorged on water and woke me 4 times to get outside. Today she's coming to work, fat as a tick, so I don't have to clean out a poop filled crate tonight. In this family we reward bad behavior. :-/
OH NO! Things are moving through though, right? *worries*

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Other vent, Denis is now gone and with him went my Internet. I have 4G on my phone but I'm still bummed for lack of Netflix. Guess ill be hitting red box tonight.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Coffeemate discontinued their holiday Gingerbread creamer. This is horrible news. My favorite creamer ever and they let it go and kept crap like peppermint and egg nog? Ugh

crazedACD

Real doozy at work today. Woman is looking at the dog toys...she picks up one, squeezes it and it squeaks. She turns to me and goes "Ohh, no way am I getting this, did you know if give your dog toys with squeakers they think they are killing an animal? NO way do I want my dog thinking he is killing an animal!".

Oh, the horror...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My whine of the day: I am cool and drink a Dr. Pepper before bed every night. It is like my tea that helps me sleep lol. I was really looking forward to having one today. And then it dawned on me that I drank the last one last night. NOOOO.

Also, according to the lab, Juno's fecal sample was negative. But yesterday when I looked at it under the microscope, me and 2 other techs saw objects that clearly resembled eggs. We didn't know WHAT kind of eggs, which is why we sent it out... but I find it hard to believe that they were nothing. So now I don't know what to do because I was really confused when I got that voicemail. I don't really want my dog to have any sort of parasite lol but I thought maybe we had found the answer to her vomiting/diarrhea. A second opinion elsewhere would be nice, but it is going to hurt to not have my discount anymore, so I don't really feel like bringing her in unless I HAVE to. Blah.

Southpaw,

Hope Juno will be ok and the eggs burn in hell. Note about the Dr Pepper - a family friend who is a retired doctor; for years had a Pepsi habit. But not just at bedtime... He liked one when he woke up, after his shower, during breakfast, before the morning walk, after the morning walk, pre lunch apertif, during lunch, after....you get the picture. He went through 1 12 can pack a day - sometimes more. He came down with severe diabetes sometime ago and has since cut his habit in half - and switched to diet Pepsi instead....

Not saying your bedtime Dr Pepper is dangerous - just sharing a story lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Southpaw,

Hope Juno will be ok and the eggs burn in hell. Note about the Dr Pepper - a family friend who is a retired doctor; for years had a Pepsi habit. But not just at bedtime... He liked one when he woke up, after his shower, during breakfast, before the morning walk, after the morning walk, pre lunch apertif, during lunch, after....you get the picture. He went through 1 12 can pack a day - sometimes more. He came down with severe diabetes sometime ago and has since cut his habit in half - and switched to diet Pepsi instead....

Not saying your bedtime Dr Pepper is dangerous - just sharing a story lol.
Diet drinks are WAYYY worse for you than normal drinks. Like, way. Only "upside" is no sugar.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yesterday had a client come in with a 7 year old intact Schnauzer bitch that was oozing puss from her vagina.

Give you two guesses.

Surgery, medication, and hospitalization would have cost around $800. He opted to put the dog down.

I can't fault someone for humanely euthanizing a dog because they truly can't afford treatment and the dog won't be able to recover fully. I find fault in someone putting their dog down without even trying to find an alternative option when the dog's quality of life will be 100% after the procedure. Especially when said issue could have been completely prevented had he just taken his dog and spent $90 at the low cost SN clinic. I mean, for God's sake, we had two dirt poor college kids just spend $900 on their newly adopted puppy when she snapped her femur in two. We had someone spend $600 on their unneutered, un vaccinated barn cat after he had almost all of his skin on his leg sloughed off by something.

That just really....irritated me. It really did. And if that makes me a judgmental bitch, oh well. The client has a two year old unspayed Labrador at home...hope to God he gets her spayed, or heaven forbid she come down with pyo.

Members online

No members online now.