Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
I'll be voting for Johnson.

I don't believe voting Libertarian to be a wasted vote... What could be more wasteful than not voting at all or voting for someone you don't want? If you don't like the way things are, stand up and say something. Maybe you won't win, but it's better than just keeping your mouth shut and your head down.

And if more people thought that way, the two party tyranny would be broken.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Super-Genius

I hear ya.... But we do realize that under a true Libertarian system, there would still be wildly rich people and very poor people, right? Probably even MORE of those rich brokers...

Don't ge me wrong, I would be all for a Libertarian that could actually win. Libertarians need to start smaller if they ever want to really matter. Win local and state races. Get a few seats in Congress first....
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Are you dead yet?

Struggling between Obama and Johnson based on my own internal argument - what's better for me personally, right now, or what's better for america in the long run. I definitely think Obama in office would make things better for me, a young and very poor working woman, but it's not all about ME and on most issues I tend to strongly agree with Johnson.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
This is a double edged sword. While most of the debt was accumulated while Obama was in office, it wasn't BECAUSE of Obama. 2/3rds of the current debt is there because of policies and actions created and acted on by Bush.

Also, Obama hasn't been able to do a whole lot in office because for the first three years of his Presidency, the Republican majority in the House rejected most of his bills, including the Jobs Act. Obama has not been able to do the changes he wants. If we gave the whack job Bush a second term, certainly we can do it for someone who can actually make a change.
I would like to know where you got the information that the Republican's controlled the the House in the first few years of his presidency? There were more Democrats starting in 2007, before Bush's presidency even ended. The House only became more Republican in 2011, and the Senate is still more Democrat.

I do not think the Republicans have it right, but I am sick of Democrats trying to pass all the blame off on Republicans. They all suck at budgeting.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
An independent vote isn't a waste! At least certainly not any more than not voting- that is just admitting defeat. As a country, we HAVE to move past this horribly corrupt two party system- not feed it or ignore it.
What if I don't like agree with any of the independent candidates either?

If I don't vote it will because because I cannot bring myself to vote for any of the candidates, because I just don't feel like I can support them. If there was an independent candidate that I really liked and supported I would vote for them.

But to me it isn't just between the lesser of TWO evils, I don't think any of the options are really good.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
What if I don't like agree with any of the independent candidates either?

If I don't vote it will because because I cannot bring myself to vote for any of the candidates, because I just don't feel like I can support them. If there was an independent candidate that I really liked and supported I would vote for them.

But to me it isn't just between the lesser of TWO evils, I don't think any of the options are really good.
that is the reason for write in voting
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Behavior Nerd

I really, REALLY, REALLY, wish that we had allll the candidates at last night's debate and at future debates...If we don't allow them all to debate, the majority of Americans won't ever realize that they truly have an option to vote for someone other than the Democratic or Republican candidates.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I really, REALLY, REALLY, wish that we had allll the candidates at last night's debate and at future debates...If we don't allow them all to debate, the majority of Americans won't ever realize that they truly have an option to vote for someone other than the Democratic or Republican candidates.
Totally agree!

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
that is the reason for write in voting
So I can write in who?

I totally agree with Stardogs, that they need to have ALL the candidates at the debate.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
So I can write in who?

I totally agree with Stardogs, that they need to have ALL the candidates at the debate.
whoever you think would do a good job, even if they're not running or you're the only vote they get. i'm writing in James Mattis, that way i can say i voted for someone i believe to be competant, generally of good character & a good leader.