Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Yeah, for working in daycare you get used to using Mom and Dad. I mean, like, we have a dog who's "Mom" drops him off with his car harness because his "Dad" needs it for when he picks him up. It's just way easier to explain it that way as opposed to "Otto's female owner unit will leave the harness here for his male owner unit." lol

I think, though, that I usually refer to myself as the owner/handler. Although my parents are Keeva's grandparents (she knows what "You wann go to Grandma's?" means) and my sister is her aunt. LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post

Really though, when I'm just talking to people I say "my dogs". I think of them as partners/teammates sort of, mostly because of the handler/K9 partner thing. But that also extends to when they're off duty. We watch each others backs.
Sums it up well for me, except, of course, for the "duty" part since none of mine are service dogs.

Although Kharma's been excellent about helping me up and down the stairs while my knee's effed up.

Most people who know us will tell you Kharma and I are essentially the same person . . . poor Kharma But she hasn't eaten anyone for saying it.

Yet.

She just head bumps me and rubs her head against me and purrs down deep in her chest.

They're more than . . . anything . . . to me. It's something that can't be described in any small phrase, so "my dogs" has to do. It's more a belonging than an owning.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

OWNER
any other term undermines your legal rights.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
such sights to show you

I'm another "around the house it's mom and dad but in public it's owner" person. It's just so much easier and less ridiculous feeling around the house to say "GO FIND YOUR DAD" than "GO FIND YOUR MALE OWNER" or "GO FIND *NAME*".

A facebook friend uses the term "mimi" instead of mom or mommy, and I actually quite like it. It's not exactly mommy, but it's an acknowledgement that there's something more than an owner-owned relationship, too.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Big Dog

I usually use the term mommy when talking about him online. But I think it's just a natural thing, when I overthink it, it does kind of weird lol. I think one of the reasons I do use that term is because I don't have children of my own so really the term 'mommy' doesn't have any other meaning.

But most of the time I call him my friend or my buddy when talking about him in real life.

When I get my Aussie in a few more days I will most likely call them 'kids' when talking to them.

I got used to the mommy thing, because whenever I drop him off at day care or the groomers they call me 'Rocky's mom' and it is kinda cute LOL
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Usually person or her owner if its something like a vet visit or out and a stranger asks. Around friends we're best friends

Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
orange iguanas.

I'm their owner and they're my dogs. Simple.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

I refer to Teagan as my heart. When Tyler and I are talking reguarding Teagan we say mommy and daddy lol. Tyler calls Teagan his dogder as is daughter, but not lol

All though when I am talking to people I say my dogs.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Um also the term fur kids creeps me out but the term skin kids makes me want to take hot pokers to my eye balls. Just sayin'.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Um also the term fur kids creeps me out but the term skin kids makes me want to take hot pokers to my eye balls. Just sayin'.
That one seriously skeeves me out. I don't know why, but when I hear the term I always picture something like this:

*BARF*

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep