Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
An independent vote isn't a waste! At least certainly not any more than not voting- that is just admitting defeat. As a country, we HAVE to move past this horribly corrupt two party system- not feed it or ignore it.

A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Oh yes, the republicans are so good at not overspending.....seriously??? They talk a good game about it but they dont actually DO IT. They just cut from programs that are essential and call it "budgeting".
No arguement here.... Generally speaking, no government in the recent past has come close to reasonable spending plans on the Federal level. This said, are you saying you are FOR spending cuts?

As to 'essential' programs, what defines an essential program? To me, that would be something that gives the Federal government the ability to do the things it is mandated to do by the Constitution, NOTHING else. This nation is coming apart because we do not honor the concept of our Republic. The states should have way more power than they do. As it stands now however, all they really can do is what the Federal government tells them to via unfunded mandates. This all comes about because of the 17th Amendment.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

Living in the state I do, I am QUITE happy that states don't hold more power. We would be up a creek without a paddle otherwise. I understand why the electoral college was enacted, I understand why state's rights were an issue I just disagree that its as relevant now. Our country has changed, people move all over, families are all in different states, etc.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post

A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil.
I agree... I have thought this through, in depth. A vote for a 3rd party candidate this go around is a vote for Obama. Period. I do not like it either, but I want my money to continue to have value.

Simply put, Romney has experience fixing broken economic things. All Obama knows how to do is rally people and spread money around. He has no clue how to CREATE wealth. In fact, I belive he despises success. His writing leads to that conclusion.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Living in the state I do, I am QUITE happy that states don't hold more power. We would be up a creek without a paddle otherwise. I understand why the electoral college was enacted, I understand why state's rights were an issue I just disagree that its as relevant now. Our country has changed, people move all over, families are all in different states, etc.
Do you think Americans are more diverse or homogenic now? Right.

So explain to me how a top down, one size fits all government is going to work AND not be a dictatorship?

Perhaps its cliche, but if you don't like how your state works, you can move. That is a big part of the idea of our Republic.

"The greatest inequality of all is trying to make unequal things, equal."
Aristotle

Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

I didnt say states should have no rights....but I dont think they should have more. No, I dont think individual states should decide on things like slavery, or gay rights, or abortion.

Yes, I could always move and I have considered it. At some point I may but I LOVE my area, I LOVE being around my family and don't want to be away from them.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Felurian

As far as "creating wealth," yes, Romney's done that.

For Romney.

It reminds me of the story of the stockbroker who was wooing a potential client, showing him around the yacht club . . .

"This one over here belongs to one of our top brokers . . . and our vice president just bought this one for his wife. See the one out in harbor? Our founding broker bought that a few months ago . . . Over there . . ."

The potential client broke in: "Very nice, but where are the clients' yachts?"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
As far as "creating wealth," yes, Romney's done that.

For Romney.

It reminds me of the story of the stockbroker who was wooing a potential client, showing him around the yacht club . . .

"This one over here belongs to one of our top brokers . . . and our vice president just bought this one for his wife. See the one out in harbor? Our founding broker bought that a few months ago . . . Over there . . ."

The potential client broke in: "Very nice, but where are the clients' yachts?"

What about the employees of all the companies Bain saved? I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of rather wealthy people at Staples who would not have been except for Bain. Sure, SOME of the companies failed. Thats capitalism.

Your little story reeks of class envy. I would think you would know better than to stoop there.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 AM
MyHorseMyRules

I'll be voting for Johnson.

I don't believe voting Libertarian to be a wasted vote... What could be more wasteful than not voting at all or voting for someone you don't want? If you don't like the way things are, stand up and say something. Maybe you won't win, but it's better than just keeping your mouth shut and your head down.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Felurian

No, not class envy, Puck, just observing the obvious.

Honestly, do I think either side of the aisle gives a flying **** about anyone who can't contribute gazillions to their war chests? Nope.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian