Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Should be glad you don't work for me I don't buy the traffic excuse, and have given people **** for it before. Check traffic in the morning and leave accordingly to get to work on time is my rule CD

Traffic sucks. Glad you finally got there.
Stuff happens! I have checked traffic reports that say everything is good to go, and then I get on the freeway and BAM nothing is moving. Maybe the traffic report was wrong or maybe something changed between the time I looked and the time I got on the road. Who knows.

One week I was 30 minutes late 2 days in a row because of traffic. Granted they are not relying on me, the day can still begin even if I'm late. All they said to me about it was "you should enter the freeway at ABC so that you bypass all the BS that goes on before then." And they were right.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

I am thankful to be familiar enough with backroads to be able to avoid freeways altogether on my commute. It's only a 7 mile, 20 minute drive, but I always give myself an hour (I can always use the time before school starts to get stuff done...)

Even still, once in a while I am cutting it really close....dumb DC traffic.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think the difference is, if said person was late (mind you, he was constantly late and never calling), that meant that I had to stay at work late
Consistently late and never calling is very different from "stuck in traffic and called to let you know they were late", which is what was going on here, and is something that needs to be addressed when emotions aren't high.