Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Top Dog

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I'm seeing a steady decline in that graph starting after '09. Which would mean the unemployment rate has dropped. Not risen.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, I'm seeing a steady decline in that graph starting after '09. Which would mean the unemployment rate has dropped. Not risen.
It has dropped a little, but not since the beginning of his term, it actually increased dramatically before having a slow decline, though has held fairly steady(still at a higher percentage than when he became president) in the last year.

And it wasn't quite double, as I glanced at the numbers wrong, but it still increased quite a bit since he has became president.

I also will not understand how people can be accepting of the fact that he pledged to cut our deficit in half by the end of his first term in office. Instead he has added $5 trillion to our deficit. If he had done what he pledged to do, I would actually vote for him, and I do not agree with him on any other issues. However he added more debt in ONE term than Bush did in TWO. Now I don't agree with Bush adding that much debt either, but the thing that I really dislike about Obama is that he keeps trying to blame everything on Bush. 4 years down the road, and he is still trying to blame all this spending on Bush. He needs to take some responsibility.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:55 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
I do not like either. I am seriously considering not voting, because I really don't want to waste the time to vote independent when it won't matter. When we get rid of the electoral college, I will take voting more seriously.

I absolutely do not want Obama president again, but I really don't think Romney is much better. I do agree with Romney more on a moral standpoint, but I don't think either one of them are what this country needs.
An independent vote isn't a waste! At least certainly not any more than not voting- that is just admitting defeat. As a country, we HAVE to move past this horribly corrupt two party system- not feed it or ignore it.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
However he added more debt in ONE term than Bush did in TWO.
This is a double edged sword. While most of the debt was accumulated while Obama was in office, it wasn't BECAUSE of Obama. 2/3rds of the current debt is there because of policies and actions created and acted on by Bush.

Also, Obama hasn't been able to do a whole lot in office because for the first three years of his Presidency, the Republican majority in the House rejected most of his bills, including the Jobs Act. Obama has not been able to do the changes he wants. If we gave the whack job Bush a second term, certainly we can do it for someone who can actually make a change.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
I do not like either. I am seriously considering not voting, because I really don't want to waste the time to vote independent when it won't matter. When we get rid of the electoral college, I will take voting more seriously.
If we get rid of the electoral college, this Republic is truly over. Its already broken because of the 17th Amendment. Sure, having the popular vote decide the winner FEELS right.... But all that gives us in the end is the tryanny of the mob. Ancient Greece proved as much.

Quote:
I absolutely do not want Obama president again, but I really don't think Romney is much better. I do agree with Romney more on a moral standpoint, but I don't think either one of them are what this country needs.
This. I do not like either, but have an utter disgust for the empty suit currently occupying our White House. I've read his books. I listen to everything he says. I have to vote for Romney because I want those dollars in my bank account to have value 4 years from now. Obama and the D's have spent 5 TRILLION dollars on the credit card and has ZERO to show for it. Solyndra? We are at a 32 billion loss on GM and still counting. Young folks, stop and think about that. YOUR part of the debt is about $133,000.

All the social issues... Oh how I wish they were the most important right now. It is really about the economy now and Obama's plan has zero basis in reality. Both of the major candidates are accomplished liars. But at least Romney knows how to actually create wealth, rather than just spread it around.

Like it or not... We NEED really rich people to keep more of their money. Most of us work for them.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
This is a double edged sword. While most of the debt was accumulated while Obama was in office, it wasn't BECAUSE of Obama. 2/3rds of the current debt is there because of policies and actions created and acted on by Bush.

Also, Obama hasn't been able to do a whole lot in office because for the first three years of his Presidency, the Republican majority in the House rejected most of his bills, including the Jobs Act. Obama has not been able to do the changes he wants. If we gave the whack job Bush a second term, certainly we can do it for someone who can actually make a change.

Obama had 2 years of his party being in total control. He shoved the healthcare bill down our throats, against the will of a vast majority of citizens, rather than concentrate on jobs. But then again, all the government has to do to help with jobs is get the heck out of the way. Just pick up a history book.

He might be a nice guy, but The President should have some leadership experience. Its very clear (after getting his rear handed to him last night) that The President does not know how to handle being challenged. His entire life has been given to him. Read his books and you will see it.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Thats only because more people have given up looking for work. Its quite insidious how they calculate and report the unemployment numbers.

Lies.... **** Lies.... Statistics....

Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Top Dog

All I have to say is Romney killed it from what I saw! And I didn't really like him much before to be honest.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
All I have to say is Romney killed it from what I saw! And I didn't really like him much before to be honest.

I agree , I dont like either , but Romney managed to call Obama a liar and that was the extent of the harshness , mostly a decent debate.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

Oh yes, the republicans are so good at not overspending.....seriously??? They talk a good game about it but they dont actually DO IT. They just cut from programs that are essential and call it "budgeting".