Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Yes, and to DENY it happened, and even COVER UP it happened is even more wrong than letting it go on or not knowing what to do.

I think that is one of the main issues. The dishonesty. I think we ALL want to believe Teal never ever meant to cause that puppy harm. I know that's what I want to believe.
This.

Even now, I think there would be forgiveness and support forthcoming IF she could -- and would -- lay it out there and be straight with us.

The best possible outcome from this would be for her to figure out why this happened and start working on fixing whatever is wrong that allowed it to happen.

Nothing I've seen in all of the varied Teal dramas adds up to someone who is happy -- more like someone who is searching for something that continually eludes them.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
What exactly is wrong with rescuing dogs and then rehoming them? Seriously. I have rescued many dogs.. probably about a dozen that I meant to keep in my home permanently, but they ended up not being a good fit or what I wanted. I don't see an issue with finding a dog a better home if a dog does not fit with you. (The Fila puppy stuff aside.)
Unfortunately "It's not a good fit" can be a very easy excuse when the novelty of a new shinny toy wears off.

Most everyone has had a bad fit once or even twice but repeatedly cycling through the "give it a shot" and "move on" is unfair to the dogs in your life. The dogs deserve someone who'll be there for them through thick and thin. Do more research, do more meet & greets, do more borrowing, do more trial settings, just do more before you bring a dog into your home as a commitment because these are living, breathing, feeling creatures developed to bond hard and hang on our every word. We owe them more than "maybe".
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
I'm thinking Teal didn't do it on purpose, but I'm thinking Teal has 'issues' that make her not realize that she's abusing an animal.

There are a lot of people who neglect pets, heck, even kids. I don't think it's done out of meanness, but I think those people need help. I hope this thread will make Teal realize that she needs help.

I absolutely don't understand why she made this thread in the first place though, especially as it appears she never even called the breeder or tried to contact her in the first place.

My head hurts.
This is could be true.

However, covering lies, trying to make herself look like the goodie goodie and trying to make the breeder come out as the devil is beyond my level of comprehension. She is not fit to care for a dog, since she only apparently cares for dogs that she likes, a dog that is clingy is worthless in her eyes.
Some people feel powerful when subjecting an innocent and defenseless dog to abuse.

Also, I do believe is best to notify breeders of this, just for the sake of any future puppy she might have, as apparently this is not the first time.

Teal, for your own sake you need to find help. The first step is admitting to your mistakes and avoid situations where you might be tempted to continue neglecting YOUR animals. And next time be a grown woman, lying can only get you somewhere, but the truth? The truth always comes out in the end.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
However, it is throwing my house into chaos to have the dog here and the dog is not getting the attention and training it needs because, quite frankly, I want the poor dog gone. This dog does NOT fit into my household or my pack like a dog of its breed should fit, and no one is happy - including the dog.
This speaks to me. She admitted that the dog was unhappy and we had no clue why he was unhappy. She admitted she was not giving him the attention that he needed. I see this as a case of keeping the dog in a crate or any secluded area and avoiding all interaction with him a much as possible, even if that meant skipping a few meals.

Very surprising and sad.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
What exactly is wrong with rescuing dogs and then rehoming them? Seriously. I have rescued many dogs.. probably about a dozen that I meant to keep in my home permanently, but they ended up not being a good fit or what I wanted. I don't see an issue with finding a dog a better home if a dog does not fit with you. (The Fila puppy stuff aside.)
Depends on what you mean by “rescuing”. Depends on what you mean by “rehome”. Depends on what you mean by “good fit”.
Paying $800 to “rescue” a wormy GD puppy from a breeder you found in the classifieds, deciding 8 months later that the dog isn’t a “good fit” because his hair doesn’t match your new couches, then rehoming to the neighbor who keeps said dog on a chain outside in all weather. Yeah... I see a lot wrong with that.

BTW that’s a random compilation based on personal experiences with different dogs and humans. Not meaning to apply it to any one person. Just an example of how claiming rescue and rehome isn’t carte blanche to be a revolving door for dogs.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Unfortunately "It's not a good fit" can be a very easy excuse when the novelty of a new shinny toy wears off.

Most everyone has had a bad fit once or even twice but repeatedly cycling through the "give it a shot" and "move on" is unfair to the dogs in your life. The dogs deserve someone who'll be there for them through thick and thin. Do more research, do more meet & greets, do more borrowing, do more trial settings, just do more before you bring a dog into your home as a commitment because these are living, breathing, feeling creatures developed to bond hard and hang on our every word. We owe them more than "maybe".
This bears repeating

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yeah I can understand getting frustrated with a dog (we've all had puppies before & know how frustrating theey can be, in my case I have had two CATTLE DOG puppies... I'm surprised i have any hair left LOL LOL) we are human, its ok to get frustrated, feel frustrated & agnolage (spelling???) that you are frustrated.

No one is debating the fact that a clingy, needy dog/pup can to some ppl (not to me, i lurbe it ) be frustrating. what I & others have an issue with is how she talked about the pup (come on... "it" this & "this animal" that??? ain't cool) no matter how mad i was at Josefina or how at wits end i was (& at times i was quite literally at wits end because nothing i was trying was getting thru to her at the time... then i found the toy reward method that they use for police dogs & that changed everything, as she was a orphan who didnt really know how to take treats from & had issues trusting ppl)

I think she could have worked through the probs with this pup if she had gotten the breeder involved & asked her for the number of a good trainer that knows filas &/or other like breeds to help & exausted all other options before just 'writing the pup off' as a lost cause & damaged goods & not caring for him (again... not accusing, just my opinion here, no slander intended). I think thats what everyone here has an issue with.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

I can't believe I just spend so much time reading through all this thread. I really have nothing to add other than I started this last night, read a bit this morning and then read more just now after getting off work/etc. I don't think I've ever read such a long thread on chaz all the way through.

I have nothing much to add other than that poor dog... and sorry, all evidence is pointing towards Teal neglecting this dog. I kind of remember reading her OP last year and thinking it was odd the way she worded things and called the dog 'it'.

I'm guilty of loving a lot of different breeds, and researching a lot, and trying to decide between them, etc, and even contacting some breeders (and letting them know I'm still in the learning process, and unsure on breed choice) but the difference is I don't act upon my feelings and go out and buy whatever breed suits my fancy for the day and then get them home and decide their not for me, or whatnot. I've had one dog for 4 years... lol. There's nothing wrong with a dog truly being a wrong fit for a household, and rehoming responsibly, but time and time again?... and as much as I may not like the dog, I cannot even imagine not giving it barely basic care. I mean my grandma's dog is not my favorite, she very much so annoys me and grates on my nerves, but she's still cuddled up in the bed next to me every night when I watch her, and given love and care, and walks, etc.

Anyway like I said nothing important to add but just WOW... I am shocked by this.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
I'll be brutally honest here. Three weeks after I adopted Gambit, he was that emaciated. I provided food. I offered raw, I offered quality kibble. I offered the crap he had been eating. I cooked for him. I went out and bought him hamburgers and chicken nuggets from every fast food joint in a 15mile radius. I put it under the bed, so he could eat after I went to sleep. I fed him at the same time I fed Argon, so he would see someone else eating. I fed him and left the apartment, so he could eat without me present. The poor guy starved himself through stress.

So, yes, it can happen. But you have to do something. I begged Chaz for help. He went to the vet 3 times. Had there been a breeder to contact, I would have been pounding down their door.

The issue in my mind isn't that it happened, because it can happen to caring, loving, dog owners. I would have moved heaven and earth for Gambit to get him to eat anything. But to see it happening and just let it go is wrong.
Exactly.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

This whole thread is extremely sad. Not sure if anyone saw my post way back about how Charlotte was initially emaciated for the first two weeks in our care, after being found as a stray, and how people made some pretty outrageous accusations and assumptions during that time about us, despite that we had saved her life and were doing everything we could to get her back to a healthy weight. But all evidence seems pretty cut and clear. Maybe she never intended this and simply got overwhelmed. Puppies can be very stressful in so many ways, especially when you have three other dogs in your care. I don't know what happened.

It's just a sad, sad situation, and I'm glad the puppy is safe now. I just hope Teal does herself a favor and doesn't get anymore dogs.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb