Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Twin 2

My family doesn't, mainly because we don't really have any. Both sets of grandparents aren't alive, my mother has no siblings and the relatives on my dads side hate us.

I love the idea of it though, I always wanted a big family to do things with, argue with and have big get togethers with.

But that's ok, that's why I added Jes to the family.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

When I was married and younger, my mother in law lived in Czech Republic, but came for visits a few times. So, when she did, we'd have a party.

When the kids were little, we had bigger family gatherings on holidays. But as they grew up, families expanded etc...it got to be too much, I guess for anyone to have the whole crowd in one house. So, it's pretty much gotten so just our immediate family gets together...my kids and their dad and me. We'll go over to the island to see my Mom, but it's not on Xmas or Thanksgiving anymore. She usually spends those times at my sister's, who lives on the island too. And we don't get invited generally. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Oh my god. I can't imagine.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Well mostly apart because one set of parents lives in Florida and the other set in canada. It is rare any of them are with us for the holidays. One year we did plan a big trip to NC and rented a house for christmas with my mom and step dad, my inlaws, hubby, myself, hannah... And his sister and her family lived in the town where we rented the house so we all spent christmas together. It was great.

In december my dad, siblings and their families, inlaws and our little family are all going to disney together. I am kind of dreading it but only because I know my dad and sister are going to be a pain in the arse.

So when we can do things all together at once we do because we really don't have the opportunity to do one day with them and one day with the other.

My mom and step dad are coming to our house for christmas though and that makes me so insanely happy and we will go over to hubbys aunt an unclea house christmas afternoon all together

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

I wish we could. That's how my family always was growing up. All the grandparents, aunts and uncles on both sides, all together. That's how Zach's family all is too.

Alas, my parents (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc) are all in California, and his are all on the east coast. We're the travelers who have to alternate holidays. It sucks having to choose, I wish we could just get everyone together.

Edit: The few holidays my parents have flown out to visit us, we all trek up as a group to spend the holiday with Zach's parents/grandparents, so then yes, we are all together and it's awesome
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I don't really have family. Got rid of all of them this past January. Done and done.

Jin's family is kept at arms length. You can love them, you can wish them the best, but at the end of the day, they always WANT something. Money, usually, although they have no qualms getting in his head about us not visiting, too.

So, that's a pretty much "no" to everything. Just me and Jin.