Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

I'm thinking Teal didn't do it on purpose, but I'm thinking Teal has 'issues' that make her not realize that she's abusing an animal.

There are a lot of people who neglect pets, heck, even kids. I don't think it's done out of meanness, but I think those people need help. I hope this thread will make Teal realize that she needs help.

I absolutely don't understand why she made this thread in the first place though, especially as it appears she never even called the breeder or tried to contact her in the first place.

My head hurts.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

Ok so we all agree that the pup was picked up by its breeder emaciated, and that Teal lied about/blatantly misrepresented the pup's condition.

We're just trying to figure out whether she didn't feed it or it wasted away from stress?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
I'm thinking Teal didn't do it on purpose, but I'm thinking Teal has 'issues' that make her not realize that she's abusing an animal.

There are a lot of people who neglect pets, heck, even kids. I don't think it's done out of meanness, but I think those people need help. I hope this thread will make Teal realize that she needs help.

I absolutely don't understand why she made this thread in the first place though, especially as it appears she never even called the breeder or tried to contact her in the first place.

My head hurts.

This. But, she has promised that she would stop getting dogs in the past, but many have come and gone since.

I kept her as a "friend" hoping for the best, but it's worse than I thought, and I don't think she even sees it as a problem. That is the part that frightens me most.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

What exactly is wrong with rescuing dogs and then rehoming them? Seriously. I have rescued many dogs.. probably about a dozen that I meant to keep in my home permanently, but they ended up not being a good fit or what I wanted. I don't see an issue with finding a dog a better home if a dog does not fit with you. (The Fila puppy stuff aside.)

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post

My head hurts.
Thank you, Fran.

My heart hurts for Bullseye, going through that, but also for Teal. There has to be some sort of painful disconnect to allow that to happen, and the stories to cover it show that at some point, she realized he was in bad shape, so she wasn't completely unaware, at least not once it got bad enough to see. She had to realize it was wrong, too, or why would she have started the thread in the first place?

A little truth would have gone a long way. Like Eddie and Puck have both said in the past, when you find you're digging yourself into a hole, stop digging.

I do hope she finds some help.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
What exactly is wrong with rescuing dogs and then rehoming them? Seriously. I have rescued many dogs.. probably about a dozen that I meant to keep in my home permanently, but they ended up not being a good fit or what I wanted. I don't see an issue with finding a dog a better home if a dog does not fit with you. (The Fila puppy stuff aside.)
The problem comes in when she says those dogs are her pack, HER dogs (not fosters or wait and see's), and when she lies about where those dogs went. No breeder is going to WANT to send a pup to her, if they know she's just going to get rid of it in a few weeks.

And then the Fila pup on top of all of it.

She may not have MEANT to do all of this, but I DO think she DID. Maybe she has mental issues. That's not all that uncommon in instances like these.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

I'll be brutally honest here. Three weeks after I adopted Gambit, he was that emaciated. I provided food. I offered raw, I offered quality kibble. I offered the crap he had been eating. I cooked for him. I went out and bought him hamburgers and chicken nuggets from every fast food joint in a 15mile radius. I put it under the bed, so he could eat after I went to sleep. I fed him at the same time I fed Argon, so he would see someone else eating. I fed him and left the apartment, so he could eat without me present. The poor guy starved himself through stress.

So, yes, it can happen. But you have to do something. I begged Chaz for help. He went to the vet 3 times. Had there been a breeder to contact, I would have been pounding down their door.

The issue in my mind isn't that it happened, because it can happen to caring, loving, dog owners. I would have moved heaven and earth for Gambit to get him to eat anything. But to see it happening and just let it go is wrong.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
......... But to see it happening and just let it go is wrong.
Yes, and to DENY it happened, and even COVER UP it happened is even more wrong than letting it go on or not knowing what to do.

I think that is one of the main issues. The dishonesty. I think we ALL want to believe Teal never ever meant to cause that puppy harm. I know that's what I want to believe.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:23 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

To be fair, Josefina wasnt 'a good fit' when she was younger, but i stuck it out because a puppy's personality isnt what it will be as an adult... Izze was a super wimpy/clingy puppy & sounds a lot like this Fila boy, but she grew out of it & became the best dog i ever owned... she should've given the puppy a chance, she prolly missed out on having a good companion for life.... oh well.... her loss for not being patient :/

Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post

i mean a friend is a friend but if they are not treating their dogs well even if they hate one dog... i have never hated a dog but i have not 'meshed' with a few, one of them is my folks dobie mix, who i care for, but NEVER would i not feed her or not care for her just because our temperments dont mesh, if i feel myself getting frustrated, i turn right around & go in the house, come online or watch TV & chill for a few.
Yeah, pretty much this. Even if I clash or dislike a dog for whatever reason, if it's in my care, I'm still going to care for it as I would my others.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb