Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Fila Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I legit came on to suggest this. Tahlz or whatever, too. It's funny that they rotate who's on at any given moment..
I checked out the IPS yesterday.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Well, I found something strange. Teal made a post on August 20, 2011 on another forum as an "introduction post." She listed all of the dogs she owned, but there was no mention of the fila. Seems like she had already stopped counting him as her dog by then- almost 2 weeks before she returned him to the breeder. She only has 3 out of those 7 dogs currently.

And also, it looks like the next dog on her list to own is a Portuguese water dog... hopefully the PWD breeders will do a better job screening her.
Thank you for posting this, any added information that would preven this to happen to any other dog is important and helpful. Maybe you should take a screen shot, just in case that post gets deleted.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

I guess no one saw my post yesterday.. or everyone just ignored it.

I still find it so strange that the breeder waited this long (14 months) to say anything about this.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post

I still find it so strange that the breeder waited this long (14 months) to say anything about this.
I think it's actually been covered several times, it just got buried in this massive thread. Things that were mentioned (that I remember): breeder had a big surgery going last year/this year and the breeder may have been worried about the community turning it back on her for not choosing a "proper" home in the first place.

Also, I don't think it took many months to email RC back, I think RC emailed not too long ago. But I could be mistaken, or that could be not what you're referring to.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

So you find it odd that a breeder who isn't much of an online person who has also had major surgery between now and then and was just contacted a month ago by teal herself hasn't been online to respond to inquires? I mean I'm lucky to have my grandma check her email once in three months and she is healthy. So no I really don't find it that odd.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

This is a sad post I acquired Zeus last November, and I can honestly say that even after all the APBT I have owned, all the non-APBT that I have owned, all the ANIMALS period that I have owned, Zeus has ALMOST literally drove me out of my mind.......HOWEVER I would NEVER give up on him. With his attitude and enthusiasm, energy, and smarts, he would make a real bad person a GREAT evil dog...........it'd be real hard for someone to take him in & deal with him.......I chose to bring this dog into my family, and we do the best we can. That's like a baby being born and crying all night with colic, you gonna push it back up into your WHO-WHO???????

Sad post

Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
This is a sad post I acquired Zeus last November, and I can honestly say that even after all the APBT I have owned, all the non-APBT that I have owned, all the ANIMALS period that I have owned, Zeus has ALMOST literally drove me out of my mind.......HOWEVER I would NEVER give up on him. With his attitude and enthusiasm, energy, and smarts, he would make a real bad person a GREAT evil dog...........it'd be real hard for someone to take him in & deal with him.......I chose to bring this dog into my family, and we do the best we can. That's like a baby being born and crying all night with colic, you gonna push it back up into your WHO-WHO???????

Sad post
That's how I feel. But I do understand a dog not working out. I don't think anyone is faulting her it not working out. It's more the care leading up to the breeder taking the dog back.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I think it's actually been covered several times, it just got buried in this massive thread. Things that were mentioned (that I remember): breeder had a big surgery going last year/this year and the breeder may have been worried about the community turning it back on her for not choosing a "proper" home in the first place.

Also, I don't think it took many months to email RC back, I think RC emailed not too long ago. But I could be mistaken, or that could be not what you're referring to.
Yeah I did miss that.. although, 14 months is a long time IMO, even with a major surgery!

I'm just saying.. had any breeder I know had something like this happen, it wouldn't have been "swept under the rug". No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
So you find it odd that a breeder who isn't much of an online person who has also had major surgery between now and then and was just contacted a month ago by teal herself hasn't been online to respond to inquires? I mean I'm lucky to have my grandma check her email once in three months and she is healthy. So no I really don't find it that odd.
Well, considering the breeder has a website, I would assume she checks her email, for puppy inquires and such. But that's just me assuming. I know nothing about the breeder.. just that most breeders with websites and email info. on their websites check their email often.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
MyHorseMyRules

I'm more inclined to believe the breeder was worried about it being turned back on her. Not how I would have handled the situation....... But from what Renee has said about the Fila community, I wouldn't be surprised if that was why.

I am interested to know if that's the case. Hopefully it will be cleared up when we hear back from the breeder.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Yeah I did miss that.. although, 14 months is a long time IMO, even with a major surgery!

I'm just saying.. had any breeder I know had something like this happen, it wouldn't have been "swept under the rug". No way.

Well, considering the breeder has a website, I would assume she checks her email, for puppy inquires and such. But that's just me assuming. I know nothing about the breeder.. just that most breeders with websites and email info. on their websites check their email often.
Maybe at that point she didn't have any puppies available, therefore she really didn't have the need to be constantly online. (this is just me assuming, I don't know if she had or didn't have puppies at the time).