Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM
We are Home.

Its getting frustrating that the Aspbergers Spouse Support yahoo group I joined is active but has yet to even notice my intro but notices others. I cant say anything on facebook and probably shouldnt post anything here but i have to just rant about the lack of support in the support groups. Its tough and sometimes I jsut want to bitch about how my husband is different and how frustrating it is. (not anything HE specifically does really but the traits he has). I promised not to say anything on FB until he is ready and everything and he doesnt get upset when I tell him X is driving me crazy right now but I KNOW it hurts his feelings and I HATE that but if he keeps it up and I hold it in Im going to explode. Usually if I tell him he stops whatever it is and we talk about it but still UGH. I understand his quirks and what they mean for us and honestly our marriage has never been as strong as it is right now. We sit and talk about how this has affected us over the past few years and brainstorm ways to make things mesh easier with his quirks. *I* have been more relieved I geuss you could say since because all those things I thought he was doing just to drive me nuts isnt stuff hes PURPOSLY doing. It still sucks and there are somethings we dont know how to work out amongst us. We are starting to see a new counselor in a week or two that works with NT/AS couples so that should help alot but I dont want to be like OMFG he pisses me off soooooo much when he does this everytime.

I jsut wish we lived in a better area for Aspergers all around. Getting Morgan his help is proving to be a challenge to find parent support is a challenge. To even get him OFFICIALLY dx'd we have to drive a hour or so to the dr. Which is also where he will be going for therapy.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Bit redundant?
If I hear "USOFINEUBLOWMAMINDEHMICKAY" so much as one more time I am not responsible for my actions lol.

ACD,

Join the club.

I vacuumed last night at around 2:30 AM (everyone surprisingly slept right through it), ran the dishwasher at 3, and often I will pop things into the wash at all unholy hours of the night. I don't find it fun - I just leave it till it absolutely needs to be attended to lol.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
If I hear "USOFINEUBLOWMAMINDEHMICKAY" so much as one more time I am not responsible for my actions lol.

ACD,

Join the club.

I vacuumed last night at around 2:30 AM (everyone surprisingly slept right through it), ran the dishwasher at 3, and often I will pop things into the wash at all unholy hours of the night. I don't find it fun - I just leave it till it absolutely needs to be attended to lol.
You know, I have managed to avoid ever hearing more than a brief line of that song

But that was more than enough

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Blackout

LOL Sorry Renee! I wish I could have avoided that song as well as you have though.

There's a new song that really gets on my nerves as well...it's something very pop/electronic sounding and it has a mention of "monday morning..." in it. Ugh.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Its getting frustrating that the Aspbergers Spouse Support yahoo group I joined is active but has yet to even notice my intro but notices others. I cant say anything on facebook and probably shouldnt post anything here but i have to just rant about the lack of support in the support groups. Its tough and sometimes I jsut want to bitch about how my husband is different and how frustrating it is. (not anything HE specifically does really but the traits he has). I promised not to say anything on FB until he is ready and everything and he doesnt get upset when I tell him X is driving me crazy right now but I KNOW it hurts his feelings and I HATE that but if he keeps it up and I hold it in Im going to explode. Usually if I tell him he stops whatever it is and we talk about it but still UGH. I understand his quirks and what they mean for us and honestly our marriage has never been as strong as it is right now. We sit and talk about how this has affected us over the past few years and brainstorm ways to make things mesh easier with his quirks. *I* have been more relieved I geuss you could say since because all those things I thought he was doing just to drive me nuts isnt stuff hes PURPOSLY doing. It still sucks and there are somethings we dont know how to work out amongst us. We are starting to see a new counselor in a week or two that works with NT/AS couples so that should help alot but I dont want to be like OMFG he pisses me off soooooo much when he does this everytime.

I jsut wish we lived in a better area for Aspergers all around. Getting Morgan his help is proving to be a challenge to find parent support is a challenge. To even get him OFFICIALLY dx'd we have to drive a hour or so to the dr. Which is also where he will be going for therapy.
I truly hope you guys get the help you need so that you can have an easier time. It must really suck living in an area not the most able to help your family's unique needs.

My vent of the day is this. I withdrew from a private forum I've been apart of for years. A thread came up about staying at home with your children. The subject of staying at home on welfare when a single mom came up. Even though its not anyone's business, I know the majority of the posters IN person so I feel pr etty comfortable sharing that I infact do stay at home while on income assistance. Guilt free too. I feel like my son, especially now with being told he is special needs, and with a newborn on the way... I do what I have to so I can stay here with them. Someone disagreed with me doing it and thats fine. I can handle anything critical towards me but then she went on to question if I was self dxing Briggs.

I gracefully bowed out after addressing WHY I was no longer going to participate in that forum anymore. The fact that I've literally poured my heart into it about all my issues with Briggs, talked just yesterday about what was said to me by the doctor... and then to have someone question it was very hurtful. I don't care if you think I should get off my butt and get a job and leave my son with someone else. But to question me on if I even took him to a doctor? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST YEAR? Briggs happens to be one of the biggest things discussed in that forum. When it started, a few months after I got pregnant with him. I had people from it at his babyshower. He is affectionately called "the forum baby".

and yeah. It just really hurt my feelings. I am sure I am overreacting but I cant handle trying to understand all of this and the nhave someone already start to question it. I need support right now. Not that.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm All Ears

Woke up feeling like crap again....
Old 10-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
and yeah. It just really hurt my feelings. I am sure I am overreacting but I cant handle trying to understand all of this and the nhave someone already start to question it. I need support right now. Not that.
((((((((((((((SUPERHUGS))))))))))))))))))) It doesn't matter if you're overreacting. It was hurtful and mean spirited and you're allowed to be upset.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
TOO LATE. I SAW THAT. lol

I have a migraine. and I forgot to buy garbage bags.
You little sneaker! Yeah, my initial reaction was #@$! but after a few minutes, I thought...oh brother!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I do not have enough bleach to properly clean this entire house out of spite and frustration.

FML. I now have a giant headache.
Could be from the bleach! lol. Hope it's better now.

p.s. I hate bleach!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
((((((((((((((SUPERHUGS))))))))))))))))))) It doesn't matter if you're overreacting. It was hurtful and mean spirited and you're allowed to be upset.
Yeah it was the way it was said too. Not "Did he get officially diagnosed recently Paige? I must have missed where you said that.". A ever so slight change in the sentence structure can really throw something off. It was said "Did you even get him diagnosed? or are you self diagnosing him?" It was said very clearly he was in quite a few places, but even so tact is a beautiful thing. You can disagree or ask a question without sounding like a total jerk with little to no effort. So why not do that?