Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Twin 2

Default Disc Dog Training

Ok, so since we have one for general training and one for agility I figured I would make one for disc dog with the hope that it'll keep us inspired and maybe inspire a few others!

Post video's, training updates, helpful video's/articles/tips, questions, anything that you feel like that's related to disc dog training!

Also, totally cheating and putting this in the picture forum so we can embed (Mods, it would be so much easier if we could just embed all around the forum)

Ready, set, GO!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Here is Zing's go on the discs yesterday. We just added the go around's and she is more fluent on her clockwise go arounds than her counter-clockwise. I'm not using rollers because I wasn't getting a good response with her when I was using them, she would get bored and wander away a lot sooner. So even though I may have catching issues later to deal with, I'd rather get the drive up there now and worry about that later. We are also doing some line feeding, drops on cue, tugging as well as a little bit of flatwork.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

This video was taken several weeks ago, just highlighting some of the tricks I've been working on with Zuma. We've added quite a bit since this and have worked on flow in order to get a smoother freestyle routine.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Bite Club

Totally interested in this for Aura - she has amazing ball catching skills that I'd like to transfer to a disc/frisbee.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

This one is old-ish, but here was the last time I video'ed Jackson's progress... (i look terrible- had been swimming in pool all day, lol)

Started with really short throws...

He is to the point now where he steadily chases them and retrieves them but he still lets them drop to the ground first THEN picks it up off the ground and brings it back.

So I just want him to get used to the catching aspect.

I think I'm going to start doing more rollers. He already knows 'come around' too.

I love this thread!

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

Wow -- Zuma is GREAT! Zing looks like she's catching on very fast!

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Twin 2

Yay! I hope others get interested because I don't want it to just be Sara and I talking to ourselves

I already posted these but I'll post them here.

This is my current spot with both Didgie and Traveler

Traveler

Didgie

So Jackson is the cutest thing ever. And you need to get more video
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Lol, I see you have the long line issue like me! When I'm at my moms house, he's on the long line and it's a pain in the butt (I'm constantly stepping over it, etc to make sure I don't accidentally step on it and stop him from catching it, lol)

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

I am definitely interested in this thread! I've never done any actual disc dog stuff, so that's all new to me, but my most favourite activity to play with my dogs is frisbee/disc. I wish disc dog events were bigger here so I could learn more about all the tricks and different things that are incorporated into it. I actually recently tried finding a club or something around here but had no luck.

I don't really have a dog at the moment with much talent, but Dance is always up for learning things and practicing anyway! And I love doing things with her, so even if we kinda suck compared to you guys, we can still have fun, haha.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Twin 2

Just got off the phone with a guy from the Windy City Disc Dog group. We've got a playdate next week so he can show me some stuff and introduce me into disc. And give me discs.

Yay!!

Also, phonecalls to people I don't know are awkward.