Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I'm not reading between the lines. I'm reading her words that she herself typed in this thread. However, that was already pointed out in a previous post.

And some here are familiar with the revolving door history of dogs, thus the more "heated" replies from some.

But everyone agrees that this puppy needs to go back to the breeder. So we can all focus on that (and some have offered assistance in making that happen).
So why were past "issues" with the OP brought up then? Was it really necessary? Perhaps a PM to the OP might've been better?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Every time I see this thread I want that little Fila boy more and more! He sounds so perfect.
This made me laugh. I guess we really do want different things in a dog, but do you REALLY want a dog that throws a fit if it can't be with you 24/7? I can't imagine that, it would drive me crazy.

Duncan used to follow me everywhere with his nose up my @$$. It took forever, but he now knows a hand signal that is the equivalent of "Back up". When we are walking off lead, he checks in with me every minute (yes, every 60 seconds he runs back to me.) and his radius from me is like 10 feet. Cameron never checks in with me unless I call her or she is running by me. Her radius is around 60 ft.

I mean, Duncan is cute and all, but when it really starts to drive me bonkers I'm glad I have Cam to distract me. Cameron does follow me around in the house, but it's much more... spacious. If I go to the bathroom she lies outside the door and immediately moves out of the way when I open the door and doesn't greet me. That's okay, it's like she's saying "I'm here if you need me, but I won't get in your way."

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

nm

(too short)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
This made me laugh. I guess we really do want different things in a dog, but do you REALLY want a dog that throws a fit if it can't be with you 24/7? I can't imagine that, it would drive me crazy.

Duncan used to follow me everywhere with his nose up my @$$. It took forever, but he now knows a hand signal that is the equivalent of "Back up". When we are walking off lead, he checks in with me every minute (yes, every 60 seconds he runs back to me.) and his radius from me is like 10 feet. Cameron never checks in with me unless I call her or she is running by me. Her radius is around 60 ft.

I mean, Duncan is cute and all, but when it really starts to drive me bonkers I'm glad I have Cam to distract me. Cameron does follow me around in the house, but it's much more... spacious. If I go to the bathroom she lies outside the door and immediately moves out of the way when I open the door and doesn't greet me. That's okay, it's like she's saying "I'm here if you need me, but I won't get in your way."
My next dog would be my service dog. It would pretty much be with me all the time, even in the bathroom. I live alone in a small apartment, and I think a big squishy puppy gluing himself to my side would be delightful.

Eve is more like how you describe Cameron, which is funny because I don't think of her as that independent. She follows me everywhere but around the house she keeps her distance and only checks in with me if she needs something or thinks something is bothering me. Our morning greeting is a quick hug, a smooch and some chit-chat, and then she's done soliciting attention from me unless she wants me to throw a ball. Sometimes I do wish I had a dog that spent all his time worshiping me.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

Here is something VERY interesting from the breeder of the Fila puppy talked about in this thread.

BEWARE-Pictures below are extremely sad.

First the messages from Dianna of De La Luna Kennels.

Quote:
"Hi, I'm sorry this response is so long in coming. I drove to her home and retrieved "Bullseye" (aka Collin) She had grossly abused him. I drove him straight from her home to his new home. He went to the vet immediately. They could not even get fecal from a finger exam from him....he was emaciated. Think concentration camp survivor. He gained 14 lbs. the first week and 14 lbs. the second week then a pound or two the following weeks. I have all the vet statements, I have the photos, and my little boy is thriving well now. Actually competed against him in and IABCA show in Santa Rosa. He earned his JR Championship.

She actually had the audacity to call me a few weeks ago, and I availed myself to give the full spectrum of my feelings.

This is the only bad experience I've had with a puppy from one of my two litters....hopefully it will be the last. I have learned that if I have to go retrieve a dog again, I will call animal control while I am on the premises so I can press charges more easily.

Best to you and thank you for your concern.

Dianna"
Quote:
"Yes, I do have the pictures. Let me see if I am less stupid on this at posting than I think I am. The first three are the day of retrieval with his littermate sister in one and his half sister from the first litter the year before. Also are pictures from one week with weight gain, and two pictures from 4 more months at the dog show.

I had a total of 2 phone calls from her in the two months he was with her. ALL that was said was that he followed her everywhere. That IS WHAT FILAS DO. I have six of my own, and getting into the bathroom has to be quick to get the door shut because they want to make sure you are not sneaking out a hidden door. His brain was and is stable and well.

Quote:
"By all means share...I have the documents from the vet also scanned that I have no trouble sharing also as proof. It is a lengthy report but if it will help keep our canine kids safe, I have no problem sharing my first hand experience. I am not gossiping, I am not trying to blow things out of proportion. I care about my kids, and would just as soon keep them in my house than have them hurt. It took everything I could do to keep from abuse against the abuser....I just took the baby and left as quickly as I could. If anyone wants to talk to me personally they may call the number on my profile"
The above messages are directly from Dianna of DeLaLuna kennels. Her phone number is on her website which can be found with a quick google search if you're interested in talking to her about it.

Hopefully posting this will help keep other puppies from ending up in the same condition when Jairi gets tired of them or doesn't like them.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Little dog, big voice

Poor guy.. he's looking so much better though and I'm sure he's loving his new home.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

It sounds like it, thank god.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I was upset by this thread originally. The pics are horrifying. I'm thrilled to hear the pup is apparently thriving in its new home.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Top Dog

Oh wow... that's shameful. Am I right in inferring that this is an issue of undernourishment?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Here is something VERY interesting from the breeder of the Fila puppy talked about in this thread.

BEWARE-Pictures below are extremely sad.

First the messages from Dianna of De La Luna Kennels.

The above messages are directly from Dianna of DeLaLuna kennels. Her phone number is on her website which can be found with a quick google search if you're interested in talking to her about it.

Hopefully posting this will help keep other puppies from ending up in the same condition when Jairi gets tired of them or doesn't like them.
I'm just going to say right now that this is bullshit and a lie and you should be ashamed of yourself for dredging up a YEAR old thread to start drama on a book that had been closed.

I know Jairi well and am great friends with her... She does not abuse her dogs. Even ones she feels don't fit into her homes. She is a proven and respected sport/show home. Funny these photos pop up a year later... Sounds to me like a breeder with a grudge and a totally different dog.

Grow. Up.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb