Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Ya I was thinking the same thing. I need something that I enjoy doing aside from dogs. Now mind you, I'm better at photographing animals so I'll stick to mostly that, but I still think it will be a really good thing.

She's actually asked me multiple times if I would be interested in doing so. I've done some photography for some of our dog clients actually. I offered our clients calendar shoots last year so that they could have a calendar for this year with just photos of their dogs. Since then, I've had numerous people ask me if I'm still doing photography.

Thank you so much!
Awesome! I think that doing pet photography for people can also open the door to doing human photography. If you do a shoot for someone and they love the photos of their dogs (which they will- your photography is AWESOME!), they'll probably want you to do shoots of their children, family shots for holiday cards, graduation photos, etc, etc.

I think you're also in an ideal area for photography- especially pet photography!

Take your boss up on that offer! If photography is the route you want to go, I think you'll be able to take it far!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Super-Genius

I guess I have a good compromise... I get to work from home 2 days a week and they are generally my more productive days. I work in a IT support role and when you are the "E-Mail and File Server guy", you tend to get a lot of 'drive-bys'. When I am at home, it is a lot easier to just ignore the IM's. LOL

Also, I have 100 mile (round trip) commute, so 2 x days at home really helps with the fuel costs. You want city money, you have to go to the city. No way I want to live any closer though. I don't know how people can actually LIVE there. LOL

Amber... Be well. Good luck.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Felurian

I'm going to harangue you to get back to your photography, and not just pets. You do phenomenal work with people too. Those modeling shots you did of your friends were . . . not just beautiful, they were editorial, and that's more difficult than "pretty."

You have a great eye for the shot.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian