Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Active Pup

Wednesday night bad again, after 5 hours barking in crate in kitchen (couldnt take anymore) we let him out,put the stair gate up and went back to bed. He went to sleep at bottom of stairs no whining or barking. So last night we moved the crate to the bottom of the stairs and excellent after a few whines (2 - 3 mins) no barking or whining at all. I hope he will be the same tonight and it wasnt just lucky.

Thanks everyone.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

At least he is a little closer where he can smell you and hear your breathing...that probably helped.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Top Dog

When we crate trained our little yorkie we thought it would be best if she was in the crate in our room... WRONG... she whined all night and got worse if she heard my husband snore or even move. After 2 nights of crying we finally moved her crate downstairs (with a baby monitor) and we covered her crate with a blanket, put her by the ticking clock, added a stuffed animal, and one of my daughters sweatshirts.. After 1 night she was perfectly fine. She went to bed at 10:00 and I would set the alarm to take her out at 2:00 to go potty. This routine went on for a while and eventually she was able to make it through the night until 6:00 a.m. when my husband got up. Unfortunately, we got to the point where on the weekends we felt bad and would let her sleep with us, well I'm sure you all figured out by now... for the past month she has been in our bed. Her little head right up on the pillow between us. Oh well, we love having her there as much as she loves being there. We feel like she is in the crate most of the day so why stick her back in there at bed time. *we are suck suckers... LOL
Old 02-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Active Pup

Archie has slept fine in his crate at he bottom of the stairs for the last three nights, not a sound.

Thanks for everyone's help.