Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 07:47 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Oh, I certainly don't think there is a thing wrong with using more verbal cues. I just know that when I watch people run and think "that's how I want to run", it is usually the quiet handlers.

Gusto was so spectacular at class tonight I'm still beaming. I've been really stressing over his teeter. It still isn't quite at full height (22" instead of 26"), but he was *running* to the end and clinging to the edge of the board on the way down, rather than tipping it before running to the end. The magic trick? Chicken McNuggets. Whatever it takes!

His weaves were also amazing - it was the first time I was really trusting him to get the entry - putting him in a tunnel, telling him "weave" and then leaving him alone to see what he did. Not only did he hit every single entry, but he only had one missed pole, where he was going so flipping fast he couldn't collect for pole 2.

I love my dog so, so much. I want to get that teeter up to full height and really nail down rear crosses so I feel comfortable sending out an entry for December!
Yeah I just kind of threw that in there for a general audience...I realize most people posting here already know what works for them/what they prefer I'm a quiet person on course meself.

Also YAY GUSTO I can't wait to see vid of this boy!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13