Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Taxiderpy

It's been really awesome for pinning art references for me. Sometime I'll see a pic and really like the textures or palette. It's prevented me from having hundreds of bookmarks I never look at because it's too hard to remember what is what.

Got lots of awesome foods and stuff and have cooked quite a bit of it. There's TONS of great kid things too. They have their own pinboard full of goodness.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Chaz cooks like crazy and has made a ton of stuff off of it. Some good pasta dishes and Mexican stuff(stuffed Mexican shells was oddly amazing!).

Also started making me furniture but only one piece. I'll have to find the link and take a pic tomorrow. I've pinned more stuff to make and with boating season wrapping up may happen.

I've tried some of the other crafty stuff but brain dead atm.

I'll link to stuff I've done when not on my phone. I've got some old dressers I want to try stuff with but go back and forth with just liking them old lol!
I've only done recipe stuff. We totally want to try the shells!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I love love love Pinterest. LOVE IT!

I've made quite a few crafts. A few magnets with buttons and such. There was one pin of a bag made from a pillow case which I am excited to do, as I plan on using it for the "dog bag". Also, there was a wreath on there made of clothespins, which I plan on doing next weekend. Making it a pumpkin.

I also love the money saving stuff you can find on there, as well as all the DIY cleaning supplies and storage ideas.

The only thing I hate is the animal section. It really bugs me because it has many pictures of those so called "desiger breeds". So, I just steer clear of that.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Soooo addicted to Pintrest! Most of my crafts are not as spectacular but I've tried a bunch of recipes and most of them have turned out great....except for the Nutella cookies and cupcakes! Those were icky! Apparently I am meant to eat Nutellla straight from the jar! I can handle that!

I have a board just for Christmas baking and everyone on the my Christmas list gets jars of treats. No complaints so far! Just the opposite! Once my cousin requested a recipie of some cookies I'd made her then 6 months later when I went to dog sit for the weekend, all the ingredients were sitting out on the counter.... Just in case I got bored! :lol:

Also for a laugh go here! http://pintester.com/ I just love this site!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Photobucket is being stupid and saying its uploaded pics and not showing or I'd have more.

Here is the new table thing. For some reason I can not find the pin which sucks because he wants to make another for his mom and mine. its been sitting in the garage unpainted forever.

And a pasta dish

http://pinterest.com/pin/155303887119981699/

some mexican dish

can't find my pin.

These were the coke cupcakes.

http://pinterest.com/pin/155303887119967536/

Not sure if this will copy and paste right but here are the great stuff mexican shells!

http://pinterest.com/pin/155303887119994959/

These are amazing as well!
http://pinterest.com/pin/155303887120193391/

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 10-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

omg those coke cupcakes sound really good. How did they taste?

Here are two of mine I just recently did.

I like to have tabs for my keyrings so I can have my keys hanging from around my wrist. I need some practice crimping these together, but here are some I made. The jean material one with the blue flower is currently my keyring tab that I'm using for my keys.

And glass etching....
I made three dog treat jars last night. I used a stencil for the words and drew my own pawprints and the pawprint with the heart. I just drew a pawprint on paper, taped it inside the jar and used that as my reference when I painted on the etching stuff. For the heart in the pawprint I drew a heart on duct tape and cut out the heart. Stuck it in the middle of the pawprint ON the glass and painted the pawprint over. That part was not on pinterest, but I'm glad it turned out the way I had hoped. Afterwards, you rinse them off and the as the glass dries the etching gets a little darker. You can wash them and the etches will stay stay on the glass.

Bigger pic of the final product jars that I made
Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Ok, skittle. I MUST learn how to do the glass etching!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Ok, skittle. I MUST learn how to do the glass etching!!!!!!
Here ya go. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/glass-etching.html

It's a LOT of fun actually... I have some more ideas I want to do... just need to get some more etching cream.