Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Chihuahua Power!

That is AWESOME news, Tanya!!!

My good news is that the Epcot Food and Wine festival starts this week! We're planning on going (probably next month since we're really busy for the next couple of weeks!) and getting a hotel room at one of the Disney Resorts. I cannot wait!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
That is AWESOME news, Tanya!!!

My good news is that the Epcot Food and Wine festival starts this week! We're planning on going (probably next month since we're really busy for the next couple of weeks!) and getting a hotel room at one of the Disney Resorts. I cannot wait!
Thanks guys

OOOOH which resort?

Jealousy!!!! We still have 67 days

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Super-Genius

I would have come and shared about the job... But I do not want to spike the ball until its all signed, sealed and delivered.

The last few months have been stressful, eventful, life changing... But GOOD for me. Good for us as a familiy. It takes periods of down times to be able to enjoy the better times. All I can say is, God is GREAT. All that said, this job is going to be good. I get to work with a great team of people in a very chill environment. (Especially considering the size.) The pay is very generous and the benefits are good.

We are VERY blessed. The only down thing is EddieQ works here too. Does not say much for some of the decision makers I guess.

(J/K Eddie. Can I still go to lunch with you and Rob? LOL)

ETA : What's the thunk for Renee? I have been on my best behavior. LOL
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Congrats. Sounds like a great job. I'm sure you both are beyond thrilled.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
ETA : What's the thunk for Renee? I have been on my best behavior. LOL
That's why it's a light one, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm All Ears

The cure to two stressful days at the office:

DSC_1256 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

One little insane papillon that insists on tennis ball throws constantly, jumps on my head, barks and bounces all over the room, spins in circles off the couch, tries to worm her way into stealing my dinner...

I had her doing donuts. 'Where's the mouse?' *run to the back room as fast as possible*
'But I bet you don't want food' *books it to the living room and jumps on me*
'But... what about that mouse?' *runs back*
'But... food?'

Haha, I should not use my dog's obsessions for my amusement.

She is a laugh a minute and I love her.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We had "Back to School/meet the teacher" night at the preschool where I work. It was a GREAT success. I can't believe how blessed I am to have a hand in these beautiful childrens lives. if you asked me a few years ago if I would ever be working with children my answer would be NO WAY but Oh my goodness... it's incredibly rewarding. I love these kids so much. I also love that my job allows my daughter to come along with me. the teacher I assist is great and we get along wonderfully. she bought me a present LOL. My very own pair of scissors. LOL it's funny and thoughtful. I do a lot of the "cutting out" for our projects and I ALWAYS end up grabbing the crappiest, dullest pair of scissors lol it never fails. so she went out and bought me my own set with a nice little note about how much she appreciates me and what a great assistant teacher I am.

tonight after back to school night the director of the preschool raved about us and told us how much she loves us and appreciates us. The parents did the same tonight.

I'm so so so soooooooo blessed. I honestly can't believe it. What have I done in my life to deserve all these incredible things and people God has blessed with me.

I also met one of the moms from the 4/5 year old class whose daughter is also named Hannah whose birthday is the day before my Hannahs birthday AND they homeschool. Such a pleasant surprise to meet them

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Marlee played. I know I've already posted this in good news, but damnit, IT'S GOOD NEWS AGAIN. Melts my heart, she does <3

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 PM
orange iguanas.

I FINALLY organized all the crap under my bed and got everything into plastic storage bins. I had a couple bins, but I also had a lot of cardboard boxes and paper bags. Which were just a mess and I feel like were inviting spiders to breed in them. I also ended up throwing a lot of junk away. So now it's much nicer under there. The crappy thing about my room is I have nowhere to put stuff, I don't even have a closet, so under the bed it all goes...

And I got some wonderfully fall-smelling potpourri and a cute basket from the dollar bin at Target to put it in. So decorative lol.

Filled out paperwork for the new job today. It almost feels real now. Can't wait till Friday night when I will be DONE as a CVT...

Aaaaand next week I have my placement testing at the college. I just have to take the math test since it's been a few years since I've taken a math class, but since I already have a degree I don't have to do reading or writing thank goodness. Hopefully my math skills are resurrected that day, I don't want to have to take any review classes. That'll be depressing.

My sister became aware of my back to school/career change plan and she went on and on about how happy and excited she is for me, and what an awesome opportunity this is for me. It was nice to hear because I'm not really getting support anywhere else.

Feeling mighty productive and adult.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I got the job! HR's going to have me fingerprinted and attend an orientation. I'm really excited for this. I'm nervous about quitting my current job though...they've been really good to me about my back problems, and have been so nice. I just went to dinner with one of my coworkers last night. I feel bad now!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)