Unfinished Titles

SpringerLover

Do your dogs have any qualifying scores toward titles you don't plan to finish?

It used to really bother me that Bailey didn't finish her VCD2. She had the necessary behaviors but we ran out of time. At the point when she was trialing successfully, I was a very poor college student so we were very limited in the showing we could do and the training as well. She has one CDX Q and one OJP Q, and her TD. It'll never be finished as she's not sound enough to run so I'm still a little sad but, I guess it's just life.

Buzz never finished his RL3 (1 Q) or his ARCHX as his body just isn't capable anymore and with only two trials a year, both of which I was secretary for, there just weren't a lot of opportunities when he was capable.

I was just thinking today about how much our lives have changed since we stopped actively training and semi-actively trialing in dog sports. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset with how things turned out... just a little sad we didn't accomplish those goals due to varying circumstances.

How about you?

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Breaks my heart Daisy's back went out before we could finish Rally with an RE. I'm lucky she didn't end up hurt getting her last RA Q.

BostonBanker

Meg's AKC titles may or may not ever get finished. We trial so rarely in that venue. She has her Open titles, and is started on Ex, but it has never been a priority to me. Same thing with CPE - there's titles there that I'd never go out of my way to finish, but if there was a conveniently located trial, I'd go.

I'd like to get some metallic titles on her in the classes she prefers in USDAA, but I'll never try to finish off a metallic ADCH. I made her a promise that if she got her five gambles for me for the ADCH, I'd never make her run that class again. Part of me wants to try for it, now that we've got the skills down. But I won't. She did all she ever needs to do.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I have no plan at the moment not to as my kids are still healthy. That said, I have fears Cider and I will never finish her AAC ATChC.. Still 4 Qs away.. But we certainly aren't done trying.

I'm CARO rally bored.. I think Smudge has a single Advanced Q.. Cider is part way to the second of the 4 or maybe 5 now levels of championships they now offer. I'm tired though. I figure we can do more rally when we can't do other stuff anymore.

Terra has been sitting at 95 pts out of 100 for her UWPCH weight pull title for going on 2 years IIRC. But it actually drives me kinda nuts and I really want to finish it. I may have to drive to MI to get it done, but we worked too hard for those pts to stop here.

Danefied

Bates has his RE, and I’m toying with doing some legs of RAE but doubt I’ll actively try to finish his RAE. The plan is to stagger the obedience runs with Rally runs because we both find obedience really boring, so getting in the rally ring in between helps keep us both upbeat. However, I sure hope it doesn’t take me 10 tries to get a CD on him, and once we can do retrieves in the ring I don’t think we’ll still need the rally runs. Who knows though. If he does ever get a RAE it will take YEARS LOL!

elegy

overdogged
Luce has Qs toward APDT championships that we'll never finish. I've thought about it- she needs four Level 1 Qs for her RL1X2 and four Vets Qs for her RLVX, but I don't see the need to spend the money.

My heartbreaker with her was that we never got into the Open Obedience ring even though she has all the behaviors. By the time she was ring-ready and I was brave enough to do her CD (in three trials with three placements), she couldn't jump for Open anymore. Stupid knees.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Hrm, I hadn't really thought about it in a long time (guess that shows they really won't ever be finished lol) but,

Kim has 21 of 24 legs toward her CPE Level 3 title. We did two trials way back when she first started doing agility and haven't done CPE since. So she has two of the four game titles that make up the Level 3 title.

Both Kim and Webster are about halfway toward their ARCHEX (APDT Rally). We did rally for one year then quit cold turkey and haven't gone back.

We have "stray" legs in a few other things but plan to or are open to finishing them at some point. The above are the truly abandoned legs.

Sekah

The Monster.
I have one RE leg for Cohen which I'm itching to complete. Since she's my first sports dog and she's still pretty young I don't have many titles hanging around unfinished.

Saeleofu

Gavroche only has one unfinsihed title right now (CA) and I do plan to finish it. I plant to continue putting him in lure coursing as long as he's sound, because he loves it.

The only thing Logan has that's not finished is his Ch in both AKC and UKC. I do hope to finish both of those, but the AKC one is probably going to take quite some time. It's actually possible that he could finish his UKC Ch this winter or early spring.

SpringerLover

My heartbreaker with her was that we never got into the Open Obedience ring even though she has all the behaviors. By the time she was ring-ready and I was brave enough to do her CD (in three trials with three placements), she couldn't jump for Open anymore. Stupid knees.
Can't Luce do CDSP Open?

adojrts

Yes, I gave up years ago on Petie earning his ATChC, all because he hated the pause table. So we stopped running in Standard classes and excelled in the rest. Plus there are no tables in Regionals and Nationals :) where we laid down clean runs and had high placements or won classes, including winning Standard classes.

SpringerLover

We've got some other miscellaneous Qs hanging around but the ones I listed are the ones I really wish we'd had time to finish.

We ran in a couple USDAA trials past Juniors and Bailey really enjoyed their gamblers courses!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Not unfinished... but hoping we don't get to year 6 for her C-ATCH (she needs 60 more Qs). She's got titles in TDAA but their trial chairperson is being sketchy and announces a week prior to trials that it's a go. Also some legs in USDAA and AKC. We're really focusing on CPE just to get it done already! And then work on adding some more of the other titles this upcoming year.

Tsuki has one Q in TDAA games, the smaller spaces seem to suit her better as she's been having ring/confidence issues at trials. She'll be coming out here and there this year for some more exposure to trialing.

Next year, if time and money persists, I hope to get the boys and Charlie out doing something.

Dekka

Just try me..
Kaiden has 2/3 legs for his CDX and Dekka has 2/3 legs for her CD. But I stopped doing obed with them when I went back to school 6 years ago. Dekka's dog issues make me hesitant to continue with her. I am sure she wouldn't get up, or if she did it would be to run to me. But if another dog walked over to her, all alone in the line up I am equally sure she would snark and snap if not bite.

Kaiden I had tried for a while to get that last leg. But one thing tended to get us each time. Not sure I will get back to it, it would be nice. I have tiny articles as I intended to take both through utility. Dekka is on her way to being able to do articles, but I don't think I would ever do the out of sight sits and downs with her. So its not like it will matter.

Members online

No members online now.