Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
I'm not sure "cuddle-y" is the right word, as most of the sighthounds are not really needy dogs. But they are great couch/bed buddies. The Grey I raised slept cuddled up with me every night starting at about 4 months old. All of the Whippets and Greys I have known have been very much creatures of comfort and spend most of the time lounging on furniture or beds. But they are not necessarily touch-y feel-y needy dogs in the way that say...I dunno male Belgians are. They like to cuddle with you cause it's comfy and warm
Almost all whippets I know (don't know of other SH) are very much cuddly. Trying to get buccal swab samples I had many a whippet jump in my lap and snuggle down. Racing whippets IME were less stable as a group than the confo whippets. I met about equal numbers of each to the tune of well over a hundred so about 50 each. Well I met more but only sampled non closely related ones. So if I sampled the parents I didn't sample any of the offspring even if I met them.

They love to be touching their person, as long as their person isn't sitting on a hard bench They will totally cuddle up and watch tv or go to bed.

And again to the off leash thing that someone posted. They are NOT bad off leash dogs. Most people with whippets I know that are more than average joe public all have off leash whippets.