Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Are collars a big deal to you?
Nah....I have 1 or 2 and that works fine 26 37.68%
Yes, I love to buy lots of different collars/harnesses and have quite a collection 21 30.43%
I would love to buy more, but I have to wait 21 30.43%
My dogs don't wear collars or harnesses 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Resident fainting goat

That's like saying people who dress up their babies are sick of their looks! lol no, it's just fun! and cute!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindeee View Post
I agree that I saw a lot of threads about collars but I think it would be more useful if I see summary of it

Spamwich for lunch, anyone?
Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Aren't you? lol I dunno! I thought they were porous so if they aren't waterproofed and they got wet they started to break down/smell or something
My dogs don't swim, but their collars have gotten wet when it's rained, they've been drooled on etc and, even wearing the same collars for years, they aren't stinky. I recently conditioned them all for the first time...and that wasn't even because it was needed...I was just bored
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

Haha, I went from having one leash and one collar to having a whole bag full of crap. I blame it on Scout killing like five nylon adjustable collars. They generally only wear their leather collars though, either their EL or their rolled leather from Master's Pride.

They each have an orange on black Stillwater nylon collar, a black rolled leather with hardware in their respective colors, a black SS fursaver, and a nice EL leather collar. Lily has a pink and black "For Ella" and Scout has a customized Gertrude's Son.

Rolled leather

Bling

Scout had this cool collar.... but she ate it. Sad. She ate some of Lily's old collars too... **** anxious escape artist. You can't really tell in this pic, but it was this beautiful tooled leather.

I got a Paco leash recently and now I have some serious Paco want. Lily needs a rainbow Glow and a Maverick... and i want to get Scout a Pandora deluxe in black leather with brass. I really want to get a couple standard leashes too, that is how much I love the Over the Shoulder Rover Holder that I got.

I love this too: http://www.ellaslead.com/inc/sdetail/9741/9755

Never had a problem with our leather stuff and water/mud. Its all held up very nicely.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 PM
<3 my soldier

Ollie is *usually* naked... But when we go out, she has several collars to choose from. Several holiday collars, an everyday collar and a "special occasion" collar I want to get her another special occasion/more casual collar that has peacock feather patterns on it.