Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Resident fainting goat

When I'm eating around my friends and I get a smaller plate to separate what I'm going to eat and then ask the waiter to pack up the rest.
"That's ALL you are going to eat?!?"
at my now regular sized plate with recommended portions.

I don't think people really realize 1. When their body is full or 2. How RIDICULOUS the servings and plates at restaurants we go to are.

I'm not dieting. I just don't want to eat that much food!!

We went to cheesecake factory (A restaurant which I personally just hate but my friends adore) and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING!

So I got a small side dish and set some out and brought the rest home.

and then we leave the restaurant and they spend 20 minutes in the car rubbing their distended stomachs like "OH GODDDDDDDDD MOANNNNNNNNN SOOOOOO FUULLLL"
ya. because you ate enough to feed a small family.

That "so full I kind of want to puke" feeling is NOT PLEASANT for me lol
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Top Dog

Facebook is giving me a headache today.

One of DH's co-workers is making snotty remarks about people who failed their PT test (like DH). PT got moved up to 6am, so he's being a whiner about having to get up early. Boo, hoo. It's your fault my husband hasn't had more than 3 days off consecutively for over 2 months now. Not to mention all the 5 days and back to backs on top of it. And you're whining about having to get up early THREE days out of EIGHT days off after ONE back to back? Please. Shove it.

Then M-I-L is on one of those God rants, posting status updates every 5 minutes about how awesome God is and how he needs to be in schools and in the law and here, and there, and everywhere, and how she hopes people will "get right" and come to "Him". Ditto with the "moment of silence" at football games instead of a "prayer to god". I was to respond with a little, "Why? Not everyone is Christian, why should they have to be forced to praise a god that isn't theirs?"

I'd also like to tell her I'm Pagan and to SHOVE IT, but DH said I'm not allowed to do such a thing because it would be "starting something". Blah.

And, of course, all the shelters and rescues posting crap about how bad breeders are. I'd like to say it isn't Adoption vs Breeder, it's Bad Breeder vs Good Breeder and then Adoption is somewhere on the side.

Like I said, Facebook is headache inducing today. I kinda wish it didn't exist.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
When I'm eating around my friends and I get a smaller plate to separate what I'm going to eat and then ask the waiter to pack up the rest.
"That's ALL you are going to eat?!?"
at my now regular sized plate with recommended portions.

I don't think people really realize 1. When their body is full or 2. How RIDICULOUS the servings and plates at restaurants we go to are.

I'm not dieting. I just don't want to eat that much food!!

We went to cheesecake factory (A restaurant which I personally just hate but my friends adore) and LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING!

So I got a small side dish and set some out and brought the rest home.

and then we leave the restaurant and they spend 20 minutes in the car rubbing their distended stomachs like "OH GODDDDDDDDD MOANNNNNNNNN SOOOOOO FUULLLL"
ya. because you ate enough to feed a small family.

That "so full I kind of want to puke" feeling is NOT PLEASANT for me lol
People blow my mind with that kind of stuff. Unless you suspect someone has an ED why would you ever even mention it? And even then, probably not the time or place to make that kind of comment.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Blackout

Holy caaaaarrrrbbbbbsssss
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
People blow my mind with that kind of stuff. Unless you suspect someone has an ED why would you ever even mention it? And even then, probably not the time or place to make that kind of comment.
In the same vein -- do you ever want to slap people (including wait staff) who, when you order something, like a steak, rare, make a comment about how much they don't like it or make the EWWWWW face?

It's my freaking food. I'm not going to force feed it to you or even make you watch me eat it. You can eat yours however you want.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Allons-y!

So I went to the SPCA's big yearly fundraiser yesterday...and I don't think I'll be going again.

They hold this annual "march for the animals" - I went a couple years ago with my 4H group and had a great time, so my family and I decided to go again this year.

So the way it works is that each person pays a $10 registration fee, and then you can raise/donate additional money on top of that. My mom, sister, and I had paid our registration fees and raised over $100 between the three of us. We get there and go up to the registration table (it's absolutely pouring rain, by the way) and tell the lady our names. The first thing she asks is "Did you get your dogs from the SPCA?" and we tell her no, we didn't. She kind of glanced down at our dogs with a disgusted expression and said "...Oh." I started feeling a little irritated then...I mean, people are totally entitled to their own views about breeders, but we were obviously there supporting the SPCA. I had also fostered and volunteered for them in the past.

So then she looks at the dollar amounts by our names, glares up at us, and says "You didn't raise the minimum amount." My mom had already discussed this with someone via email, and was told that the minimum was just a suggested donation, nothing to worry about. But apparently this wasn't the case? The lady had to have a conference with two other volunteers to decide if we could march or not. They finally decided we could (yay?) but couldn't get tshirts or the lunch they were providing.

I was like...what? We raised over $100 for their organization, at no cost to them, and they were nothing but rude. I mean, it's not like the tshirts or food mattered very much to me, but what did the registration fee cover if not that? The whole thing was just was upsetting and frustrating.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
In the same vein -- do you ever want to slap people (including wait staff) who, when you order something, like a steak, rare, make a comment about how much they don't like it or make the EWWWWW face?

It's my freaking food. I'm not going to force feed it to you or even make you watch me eat it. You can eat yours however you want.
Or how you "can't really afford to eat something like that."

I have a family friend who is like that. He always makes comments on how I can't really afford to eat such high calorie food. I'm like dude, just because YOU don't like women with butts doesn't mean my booty isn't a hit with the fellas. In fact, it's a pretty big hit. As far as most men are concerned, with the way i gain weight, I could afford to eat some more and let met my butt get its own gravitational pull.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Or how you "can't really afford to eat something like that."

I have a family friend who is like that. He always makes comments on how I can't really afford to eat such high calorie food. I'm like dude, just because YOU don't like women with butts doesn't mean my booty isn't a hit with the fellas. In fact, it's a pretty big hit. As far as most men are concerned, with the way i gain weight, I could afford to eat some more and let met my butt get its own gravitational pull.
DH agrees. Everytime I tell him I've lost weight, he gets all concerned over my ass.

Most people balk when I tell them I usually try to eat 4000 calories a day. Just another one of those things were people's opinions aren't really warranted.

I usually have waiters tell me, "Oh, that's a lot of food for someone so small like you!" What are you trying to say, here?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
DH agrees. Everytime I tell him I've lost weight, he gets all concerned over my ass.

Most people balk when I tell them I usually try to eat 4000 calories a day. Just another one of those things were people's opinions aren't really warranted.

I usually have waiters tell me, "Oh, that's a lot of food for someone so small like you!" What are you trying to say, here?
I get just the opposite. I'm 5'10" . . . "is that all you're going to eat? Surely you should eat more?"

Errrr -- no. I have Kharma's metabolism. The kind that guarantees you will survive because you hang onto every freaking calorie and wring out every last iota of possible nutritive value.

One way or the other, too much or too little, it's crazy making. Just let us choose our food in peace!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Let it be

Yupp. My weight and health aren't a concern either so it's not a comment made out of worry. It's plain rude.