Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 09-22-2012, 04:47 PM
orange iguanas.

In your case I'd probably just add a probiotic and see how that works.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

Well I bought a bag of Pure Vita Grain Free Bison and within the first day, poops were hard again. Not too hard, just perfect (hehe- perfect poo!) I couldn't get stool like that on him in the whole month and week or so that we fed Fromm Beef.

It's so weird, it must just be some ingredient in Fromm. At first I thought it was flax seed but the Pure Vita has flaxseed in it too. The fiber is much higher, though (8.5% vs 3.5%) but then again, he had hard stools on Acana Duck & Pear too and that was like 3.5% fiber too, but single meat source ingredient like Pure Vita. So maybe he's just better off with more simple foods.

I dunno *shrugs* like I said... he's never done full-out "BAD" on ANY dry food. It's always just something little I notice. On Fromm, he did great with everything but just had the softer poo.

I feel bad though because he LOVED the Fromm. He has yet to eat the Pure Vita dry, I have to mix his meals with wet food. Which is fine, whatever, but I did like seeing him really enjoy his food.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Top Dog

King had a lot of problems with mushy stools until I switched them to California Natural Lamb and Rice, simply because of Molly's skin issues, and that problem totally disappeared. 12+ years later, they are still on it. Molly's skin issues continued unchanged, regardless of the foods and supplements I tried, but they suddenly disappeared last year, and she has the best coat she ever had now, at almost 14.