Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Dogs don't typically live to 16. Most rarely get to 10. And yes, looks are everything. So it's perfectly okay to bully someone as long as they LOOK happy. Until they bite. You know, because then they are mentally unstable.
http://www.people.com/people/tablet/...493908,00.html
Yea... daddy looks absolutely tortured... lol
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
http://www.people.com/people/tablet/...493908,00.html
Yea... daddy looks absolutely tortured... lol
Again, you are avoiding the major picture here.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
When did I say I did that now? Quote that as well.

Quote:
Heck, even if that dog bit me or my husband I would kill it (my husband would just break its neck without another thought).
Maybe that's ego or anger but I don't really give a d@mn.
Okay, you said break it's neck and not strangle it. Both are terrible.

Quote:
Look, I don't advocate Cesar Milan. I don't care what he does. He is the one that wants to keep aggressive dogs alive and rehabilitate them or whatever.
I wouldn't do it. I would euthanize and move on to the next. Eventually one will find a dog worth owning for 15 or so years.
Oh yeah, for not "advocating" Cesar, you sure are posting like you love the guy.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Ok, since you gave the ok... LOL...

I dont have kids, but i was one at one time & i know how kids can be... dogs (excluding those with medical conditions or mental afflictions... which should be seen by a vet anyway)

any abnormal aggressive behavior should be looked at by a vet, you's be surprised how a abnormal thyroid can alter a dog's behavior. what if what you see as unprovolked behavior was really a medical condition that you didnt address? if i were anyone facing a bahavior problem i would want 'all the bases covered' before i proceeded with the thought of 'oh, this dog is dangerous'

forgive me for saying but your assessment of the dog's reactions shows that you dont know dogs as well as you think you do, that dog was pushed, a LOT & warned... a LOT before she finally bit & when she did, CM only had one puncture in his hand & a few lacerations on his hand. to me this is a dog with incredible temperment & bite inhibition, only using as much force as was nessessary. dogs dont WANT to hurt us, we make them when we do stupid things like this.

say the dog was you at a resturant; the waiter sets your plate in front of you, a yummy plate of whatever your fave meal is, then some stranger jabbs you in the neck with his fingers & tries to take your plate away... wouldnt you have something to say about it? woudnt you ask him to stop? what if he didnt listen? i bet you'd try to push him away, if that didnt work you'd push harder til he backed off... thats what poor Holly did... she pushed, but since she uses her teeth, not words or hands she is seen as this vicious rabid animal & iots sad

there are ways to get around this, feed her in a crate behind a closed door NO ONE is allowed in thre until she is done. afraid fo her guarding treats or dropped food? teach her a solid leave it. sit on the floor & hold a treat in your closed fist, have another behind your back. wait til she stops messing with your fisted hand (it may take a while for them to figure it out) & looks at you, praise her (i use 'good leave it!' in a happy voice) & give her the treat behind my back.

once they master this i move to treat on the floor, i just make sure that the value of the reward is better then the food on the floor while they are learning this.
Well next time when a waiter comes to take your plate away try lunging at them and bite the, repeatedly. I think they might smack you the f**k out.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Again, you are avoiding the major picture here.
You are sidestepping my valid points. That dog in no way looks miserable. It live 16 freakin years. If it lived highly stressed it would NOT live that long!
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

Oh yeah, for not "advocating" Cesar, you sure are posting like you love the guy.
Yes my husband would put it down.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Yes my husband would put it down.
The way you talk just shows you don't respect dogs. So don't try to act like you respect all creatures. If you respected dogs, you wouldn't be so callous with your wording.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Show Dog

Quote:

I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
My kids are taught to respect all creatures, they most likely know more about dog body language then you do.
I'm saying my kids aren't PERFECT. To add onto that my daughter is special needs.
Gotta love the hyprocrisy!

Quote:
I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
The way you talk just shows you don't respect dogs. So don't try to act like you respect all creatures. If you respected dogs, you wouldn't be so callous with your wording.
If I didn't respect dogs then I would hurt them. Killing is the end. There is no pain. That's far more repectful then keeping a highly fearful dog, a cancer riddled dog, a dog that has a serious neurological issue alive etc, alive.
In this case- a man biting animal.