Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
No, a dog wouldn't have to have previous mistreatment. I'm just saying that the dog may have held off just a little longer before biting if this were the first time it perceived it's food being taken or being punished. This may have been quicker because of that anticipation element. But maybe not. Animals are animals. And it's too bad people don't really get that and expect them to have our human value system and our moral system. "Yes, you should put up with mistreatment and abuse, no matter what."

And btw....No one said that one should have a dog "like this" when they have a baby in the house. Furthermore, if people mishandle dogs, push them into defensiveness, take normal behavior and turn it into really dangerous behavior......they shouldn't have dogs in the first place, baby in house or not.
But abuse is a relative term. People nowadays think a swat on a child's bum is abuse. That raising your voice is abuse. That looking at a person (or dog because let's face it, their value is the same/sarcasm) sideways is abuse.
He did nothing abusive. If that was another dog that had approached the food dish and the dog reacted the way he did, the other dog would have taken him down.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
I have kids. End of story.
Do you not understand management and rehab? Do you not understand this dog was NOT in a natural state? It was a forced, artificial one set up to get the highest reaction.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Hmm, count me in the unstable then....and many other dog people I know. OH the horror of not letting kids corner dogs and ATTACK them provoking a bit. The horror of freaking managing a situation.
The dog wasn't in a corner until the end when it was finished attacking...
such sights to show you

Quote:
If that was another dog that had approached the food dish and the dog reacted the way he did, the other dog would have taken him down.
A normal dog would probably have backed off.

Glutton for Crazy

But without kids you'd work with dogs and help them learn the right choices instead of pushing them over their threshold, asking them to bite, then dominating (what would that entail?) or killing them if they do?

I'm sure glad my parents instilled commitment and patience and respect for my siblings and I. That fact extended beyond humans to animals.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ok so.... a husband is being threatened by his wife. She is posturing and in his face. She then goes as if to take his remote control away from him (she doesn't actually do it but the husband perceives this to be the case). He then air punches close to her face so she smacks his hand away from her face. He then "instinctually" beats the crap out of her and punches her in the face numerous times and she has some serious cuts that are bleeding. Appropriate response? No.
Obviously Cesar is a human and the dog is a dog but STILL. Cesar was putting a dog in a position to show him her true nature and the behaviour her was hired to correct. I don't agree with all of his methods but I understand what he was attempting to do. You call this setting the dog up for failure I call it putting the dog in a position to be corrected.
I'm not a huge Cesar fan but I'm not against him (I don't consider him a sadist or an abuser). Cesar has his techniques and I'm not going to dispute them because I don't really care.
Sorry....really bad analogy. Husbands ought to know the immorality of beating up a weaker woman, especially for possession of a remote control. Too much TV isn't good for you anyway. Humans have a higher power of reasoning than an animal. Puleeze....What do you think a bear would do if you try to take one of it's babies away? Or food? Or anything vital to it's species or individual survival? Would you expect it to say, "go ahead, you're the boss." ? You can replace "bear" with just about any animal, wild or domestic.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Do you not understand management and rehab? Do you not understand this dog was NOT in a natural state? It was a forced, artificial one set up to get the highest reaction.
You have heard my opinion. I don't know what else to say...? I'm not going to change it.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Sorry....really bad analogy. Husbands ought to know the immorality of beating up a weaker woman, especially for possession of a remote control. Too much TV isn't good for you anyway. Humans have a higher power of reasoning than an animal. Puleeze....What do you think a bear would do if you try to take one of it's babies away? Or food? Or anything vital to it's species or individual survival? Would you expect it to say, "go ahead, you're the boss." ? You can replace "bear" with just about any animal, wild or domestic.
Dogs know how much pressure to use with their mouths.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Most awesomely inexperienced statement yet.

For the win.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Dogs know how much pressure to use with their mouths.
This dog was also in her mind in a fight for her life