Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
This was posted on FB and I thought you all may find it interesting It's a breakdown of what went on in the Cesaer clip.

http://canineaggression.blogspot.ca/...s-trainer.html

Yep....you can see every one of those things, watching the video. Why is that man not arrested for animal cruelty? Seriously....how can this go on? He's punching and kicking the dog. How can people think this is okay??? Someone needs to get on TV and tell it like it is...pointing these things out that he does, spelling it out and showing alternatives. Arrrggggg!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Felurian

Cesar gets bitten . . . Perfect example of why one should always ask, when a dog has a bite history, who did what to provoke the bite?

Honestly, this guy . . . what an egotistical little b@stard.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Owned by Belgians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I guess I dont see the dog as being that explosive? I see it as a dog pushed just WAY too far.

I didnt see the episode, but someone was saying that the owner used to torment her with a broom or something when eating? It seemed to me this dog tried her best NOT to bite and finally just was pushed over the edge and learned it was the only thing she coudl do
That is so sad.

Everybody wants a perfect dog. However, they don't come that way automatically, and so many people don't know what to do.

I think every one of my puppies came to me a resource guarder. And every puppy got trained out of it immediately. Only when there is something really really good,like a raw chicken, do they get a little guardy, and that's to be expected.

Oh, well. These owners shouldn't have a dog if what is said is true.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Top Dog

Wow. Cesar is an idiot, that's all I can say.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
Well, if it were me, and I had a kid, I would never own a dog like that. Actually, that dog would've been in the ground had it offered that kind of behavior. Apparently she bit both owners multiple times over it, and Cesar was the 3rd or 4th trainer they worked with. What if, god forbid, the kid dropped food on the floor one day?

I'm not saying I agree with how Cesar handled it, but my opinion is that the dog would've been PTS had it of been in my care. But then again, I come from a "Pit Bull" frame of mind.
which is why i was shocked to read a post like that from someone who owns such a misunderstood breed.

FA & RG are both very manageable in the right hands. just feed the dog in a crate or in a room away from everyone & dont allow anyone to go in there until she is finished. RG is a natural thing & in the dog's defense, she did warn him a lot before finally lashing out. the fact that after being provolked over & over again, i think she still showed an incredible amount of bite inhibition, i have cattle dogs, a dog bred to bite & not back down. if it had been my dear Izze he had done that to, he would have been on his way to a hospital, not treating it with proxide & saline solution. because the more he would have hit & kicked at heer, the more she would have held on.

i have only been bit like this once & i learned how to read the dog better so i dont put another dog in this kind of situation, which cant be fun for the dog either, most dogs dont WANT to hurt a human, esp not a fearful dog like this one & the fact that she took lots of prodding to get a response out of her says alot.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Felurian

Personally, I don't think it's unreasonable for a dog to be left alone when it's eating. Or for kids to learn to leave the dog alone when it's eating.

Is it ideal? No. There may be a time when you need to take something for the dog's safety, but it's not the end of the world. Mickie would snap if you messed with her when she was eating, and bite if you didn't take the hint. Even my sister understood that you don't bother Mickie when she's eating -- as a toddler. Sure, we did our best to keep anything from happening, like feeding Mickie in her own quiet spot, and she did learn that no one was going to steal her food and starve her so she got to the point where I could take her dish and move it -- if I told her first.

It sure as hell would have made things 1000X worse if we'd beaten her or tried to roll her It amazes me that people actually fall for his BS.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Cesar gets bitten . . . Perfect example of why one should always ask, when a dog has a bite history, who did what to provoke the bite?

Honestly, this guy . . . what an egotistical little b@stard.
You can say that again! In fact, he may even be over the edge from egotistical into full blown malignant narcissism.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Idiot, plain and simple. Man and his followers just have no idea just how dangerous, misinformed and uneducated he and his methods are.

I really do get sick and tired of taking the same phone calls and rehab'ing the PEOPLE that watch his show and try to use his methods. It is ALWAYS the same, and the dogs get worse, problems are not solved but made worse or created.
Sadly he keeps trainers like myself very busy, however we would much rather train people and their dogs to prevent these types of problems from the get go, than clean up and fix the messes we see after the fact.
The only cool thing about it, is when people are amazed at fast their dogs behaviour changes when not using those old outdated methods. How happy the dogs and the owners become............good thing too because it keeps us going onto the next ones that need the help
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
which is why i was shocked to read a post like that from someone who owns such a misunderstood breed.
What do you mean by that? Because I have Bully breeds I should be more.. okay with dogs biting people?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Glutton for Crazy

It's actually extremely common with bully breed owners to preach acceptance of nature and DA/DR(/bad manners) but god forbid a dog display a natural reaction like stress reactions and RG.

However, I know, respect, and understand many including Kady. It's totally reasonable to say one has no desire to live with a resource guarder. I never again want a dog who is DA, natural behavior or not.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.