Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Slowly but surely......

That's what we were thinking, too. He's no where near as tiny as when the Humane Society first got him (I think the Vet said he was around 15 lbs.) He is constantly gaining weight now that he's with us.

If he was an adult, I wouldn't be saying he was underweight. However, as a puppy, I think he can still use to gain just a *little* bit of weight.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Top Dog

Ask you vet when you take him in, but I think he's likely fine.

It's actually great for puppies (especially larger dogs) to stay lean through puppyhood.

Fwiw, my golden pup who is about that age looks slimmer (based just on your pics). Which isn't super relevant to your specific dog, but I thought it might make you feel a bit better.

Also, puppies really aren't dominant, but they can be pretty rude, because they're still figuring out how to interact with other dogs. Hopefully your older dog will correct the pup appropriately so he learns how to behave. Make sure your older dog gets some time away from the puppy, too -- my 4 yo still needs breaks from puppy craziness.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Slowly but surely......

Yea, he's definitely rude sometimes. We're working on correcting it, he's learning fast. We also let sadie and our cat teach him when enough is enough.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Just try me..

Not at all thin! I wouldn't want any more weight on him if he is a growing boy. Heck I wouldn't want more weight on him (other than muscle) if he was an adult and puppies should be a little leaner than adults.

You must be used to some fat puppies.

My adult dogs aren't any fatter than your dog. With that body type and coat I would want to see a ripple of rib at spots.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Show Dog

Very beautiful lovely rescue.