Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Border Collie x ACD, probably a bit of Boxer thrown in. So some of those guesses were definitely on the right track.

This obviously isn't going to be my breeder pup. I decided to wait 2-3 years when I have more time/freedom to do the sports/showing I want to in a location that isn't as remote as Montana. This pup will be geared more towards Jin's running partner and starter companion dog. And a pet project to keep me occupied until I get my Rhodie.
BC would have been my guess, so yep! Yay how exciting all around! Also I love Rhodies, omg they are so awesome.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
BAH. Montana is not the place to look for a dog, I warn you all. Rescues who want 5000 sqft houses, people who lie about Pitty mixes, pet shop breeders, and GOOD breeders who don't reply to emails at all. And their pups just vanish into thin air.
Oh man and let me tell you they are so good at placing animals too. I was HORRIFIED when I learned what Scout's first owner paid to buy her from Heart of the Valley shelter. Who in the hell would pay $600 for a nervebag hoarding bust puppy? I love Scout to pieces, but that is f'ing highway robbery! Also I'm her third home, so clearly that first placement was just the best "forever" home ever. Poor woman, she's really nice, but she was in no way shape or form prepared for a well bred GSD showline pup, nevermind the epicness that is Scouty.

Won't even touch the debacle of a "rescue" that "saved" most of those dogs, just suffice to say they are way too proud of themselves and have never had the best interests of the dogs themselves at heart. At least Scout was spayed and microchipped because she went to the shelter instead of staying with them. Ugh!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
BC would have been my guess, so yep! Yay how exciting all around! Also I love Rhodies, omg they are so awesome.
Having read the whole thread, I think I'd pass and wait for a Rhodie if the possible bull breed thing is an issue. JMO.

Now if there were like a youngish, obviously BC that was real nice in a shelter or something somewhere.... that could be a fun alternative!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Why not wait to add a puppy when you're in Italy?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Show Dog

Ooooo how exciting love this thread
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Why not wait to add a puppy when you're in Italy?
That's not off the table, never has been. It's been a look as we go sort of thing.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I'm sorry it didn't work out. I totally get the possibility of a puppy excitement and then the let down fizzle

I'd worry about boxer in a mix causing an issue too. With Ontario's BSL there were issues with them going after shelter rescued boxers at one point as if someone pointed the finger and screamed bully breed, they'd take your dog unless you could prove them wrong. That scares the heck out of me honestly.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Are you guys looking for a BC?

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
Are you guys looking for a BC?
Not specifically, but the breed is high on our list. I think I'm pretty set on a Rhodie for the tail end of DH's AF career. Until then, we've narrowed it down to a handful of breeds, but it'll just come down the the individual dog or breeder for DH's dog.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Not specifically, but the breed is high on our list. I think I'm pretty set on a Rhodie for the tail end of DH's AF career. Until then, we've narrowed it down to a handful of breeds, but it'll just come down the the individual dog or breeder for DH's dog.
I know tons of BC breeders both here and abroad, please ask if you need anything- seriously I am more than happy to help. I know breeders of all "types"- sport, show, working, whatever. I am like a BC encyclopedia.

My sister has a Ridgeback, and I am very good friends with his breeder who is a fantastic breeder. I could also help you out there as much as I can, if you're interested.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?