Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Squishy face

Once a dog boarded who was full of mats all over his body, just clumps. The owner was called and I was told they refused to let us shave the dog because "it would look stupid." *blinks* and how do you think your dog looks covered in mats????

There is also a german shepherd that boards from time to time who has serious issues. He likes a few people (and he is starting to like me), but if somebody approaches him on leash he will lunge at them with intent to bite. He actually has attacked one employee before, with his owner right there, and I was told his owner was LAUGHING. He thinks his dog's aggression is funny! And this is a 70lb dog that could do real damage to someone. The owner won't think its so funny if his dog attacks somebody's kid and he gets sued and his dog gets put down. Owners like this make me so angry.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Customer came in looking for Nutro, so I lead the customer to our limited supply of Nutro products... we don't have what she's looking for so she asks what we have that's comparable quality... ya know, organic.

-.-

So I showed her the Natural Planet Organics. And she bought that instead.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Are you dead yet?

People who free feed their dogs and then complain that their dog isn't trainable and needs the choke chain or pinch collar or tssts. Because the dog does not value treats (these treats are almost always the dry, grain biscuit variety). Well just maybe if the dog was EVER hungry enough to care about dry biscuits, there would be some effort put forth in order to earn them. Good god. And if a trainer ever suggests that they STOP free feeding the dog, the people look at the trainer like they were just told to cut the dogs ear off and feed him that instead. Structured mealtimes are NOT
CRUEL.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
People who free feed their dogs and then complain that their dog isn't trainable and needs the choke chain or pinch collar or tssts. Because the dog does not value treats (these treats are almost always the dry, grain biscuit variety). Well just maybe if the dog was EVER hungry enough to care about dry biscuits, there would be some effort put forth in order to earn them. Good god. And if a trainer ever suggests that they STOP free feeding the dog, the people look at the trainer like they were just told to cut the dogs ear off and feed him that instead. Structured mealtimes are NOT
CRUEL.
You've gotta love when people choose physical force over structure/management.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
CRUEL.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

People who buy all organic, read the labels, and fuss over the human food, then buy beneful for their dog and complain about health issues.

And more annoying, the retarded, greedy vets who confirm with them that beneful is a WONDERFUL HEALTHY choice while charging $300 a pop for health issues.

To top it off, their vet told them their dog had a HEAT burn on his rear end, shaved him down and gave oily ointments to apply - this was in minus 30 weather to boot, and his hair was not burned off in whatever heat source issue burned his rear.... however I did ask and they did confirm he was matted badly in the rear area and they did not remove the mats but bathed him about a week before they noticed he was uncomfortable from the 'burn' and still to this day insist it was not a hot spot type rash from being matted and having shampoo likely left in the coat, but a freak 'he found something burning hot to sit on somehow' thing.

Still free feeds beneful, dog still is not trained or under any sort of control and still has the tick shaped body (fat, round body, tiny head with no neck)....
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Resurrecting this thread because I have a funny one. A lady calls me and asks if we gives flea baths. She doesn't want grooming (no nails, no ears, no anal glands) just a flea bath, and what will that cost. I tell her I'll have to check because we don't do many flea baths, although we do have the appropriate shampoo.

This lady, very sweet and clearly older, keeps going on and on about how much she loves this dog and how pissed she is that it may have gotten fleas from the neighbor's dog. It goes ON and ON. I try to be pretty tolerant because god knows we all talk about our dogs enough. But it never ends, sometimes it comes back around to the fleas only to depart again. A regular client walks in to the lobby and I have to cringe apologetically and give her the "just a second, sorry!" finger.

20 minutes later.... 20 MINUTES!!!! The old lady goes, "Well she on the Frontspot... Fronttick... what is it? Frontline. She's on that. Does that make any difference?"

Me: *Smash face into desk*

Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Awesome. LOL
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Omg... well let's see

-Clients wants dog aggressive dog "socialized" so sends it to daycare. Are you ****ing kidding me?
THIS. I honestly don't know what goes through peoples' minds.

We had someone come in for an evaluation last week and the dog was CLEARLY very DA. When we said that there's no way the dog would be suitable for daycare the owners were legitimately FURIOUS. They stormed out cursing and the like .. yeah okay then.

And people who use bark/other training collars on their dogs instead of actually taking the time to train them.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Tonight we had been closed for about 5 minutes when a woman come to the door, started pounding on it and yelling "It's an emergency!"

So of course, because CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANT!, we let her in and she goes "It's a bully stick emergency!"

OMG I wanted to punch her directly in the face.

SERIOUSLY?! You couldn't wait a whole 12 hours to buy BULLY STICKS?!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.