Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Just try me..

Thanks everyone. Sharing the loss on chaz back then was very thereputic and I appreciate all of you now and then.

Renee, I am not really in a position to keep a puppy from this litter. Though of course if Kat, or another like her was in the litter it would be difficult not to keep her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I'm so sorry. I just don't know what else to say. Losing Sheena threw me for a serious loop and I'm still dealing with it over a year later.

It might be corny, but this is how I look at it--Yes, losing her was incredibly painful. But how incredibly lucky was I to have had my life touched by a creature so amazing and special that her passing left such a hole inside me? There are many people that don't get that gift, but I did. And you did to with Kat....
Its not corny. That is also very much how I feel. As much as it hurts I am so glad I did get to have her. To me she was the epitome of what a JRT should be. Brazen, brave, outgoing to the extreme, friendly, and the most prey driven dog I have ever met without losing her brain around prey. Or not losing it too much.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
<--------Orson

((((HUGS)))) It's never easy to lose someone we love......how many feet they have makes no difference.

I remember getting the call that Phoebe's ashes were in. I bawled after I hung up the phone, bawled all the way there (about 20 minutes away) bawled at the desk, then once she was back with me a peace settled over me and I felt much better having her where she belonged, where she'd been for 12 years. I still get a bit misty eyed at certain times, but having her home cured the sobs and unease.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Cloudcandy

Cant imagine the pain,but sending doggie hugs your way.

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

I hope your pain will ease up. It sure takes a little chip out of our hearts every time we go through this, I think. I can't imagine picking up ashes and bringing them home. I think that would send me over the edge and make me sob too, even more.

It took me well over a year to gather up enough acceptance to get out of a long period of depression after losing Lyric. It seemed like my whole world stopped when he went out of it. My whole life style changed. All the things we did together, I no longer did, at least not with any sort of enthusiasm.

I don't think it's abnormal to take a long time to go through a grieving process. With some dogs, even though I loved them immensely, it didn't take as long as it did with him though. Little by little, it will get easier for you. I hope good memories will replace the sadness you have.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Renee, I am not really in a position to keep a puppy from this litter. Though of course if Kat, or another like her was in the litter it would be difficult not to keep her.
Sell one of hubby's kidney's

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Just try me..

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Dober that is so true. Grieving takes as long as it takes. And some losses are harder to deal with and so take longer. Coop, it is good to have 'her' home.

It sounds corny but I hope to have her and Dekka's ashes (and maybe another dog.. who knows) buried with me when I go. I am so glad Maf thought about cremation at that time. I know I wasn't thinking coherently.

Renee.. that made me snort up my drink...