Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Disclaimer: I am not anti-disabled people, I'm anti-stupidity when it's the dog that suffers. Holy JC, learn your limits people!!
I had a woman come in that was in a wheelchair. She had just gotten a Cavalier as a "therapy dog" (but what she wanted the dog to do sounded more like a service dog) that was "medically prescribed by her doctor". I helped her find all the puppy stuff she needed, and then she asked if we had training classes. I explained that we don't, but I recommended a few places. She explained that she needed in-home training since she had an auto-immune disorder and couldn't be around people (I don't know much about human auto-immune...but she was in a crowded store?). I said that I could recommend a few trainers that did in-home. When I gave her an (estimated) cost range of in-home trainers, she freaked out, and told me that they should give her a discount because she's disabled and this is a "medically prescribed" dog. Ummmm...no. She then asked for another discount at the register because she was disabled. Again...no.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Top Dog

ah.....

People who don't seem to care what time we have for drop off/pickup and show up late, or early, and then are annoyed that we're not waiting at the door for them.

It's not a puggle, or a comfort retriever, or a double doodle, or a jackapoo, it's a pug mix, a cocker mix, or a poodle mix owned by a goofball who thinks it's important to pay more so someone can profit off a dumb name.

You may be a holistic food consultant, but milk bones and beneful still sucks as choices for food.

The minor level of glucosamine in your old dog's food is not enough, and the reason we're asking is because your dog can hardly move and perhaps needs more of a supplement and some pain meds.

If you are against feeding raw because you have children, keep in mind kibble has bacteria and not so great stuff in it too, and either way your child should not be playing with or eating the dog's food.

It's a boarding kennel, not a therapy center. I am fully aware that you booked a vacation over Christmas and are now scrambling to find a boarding space for your dogs. You however seem to be unaware that while there is a space now, there are several emails and phone calls coming in while you debate on saving a spot and yes, are going to be screwed when you wait an hour to call back to book that spot, because we are now full. Like I told you on the phone. Next time book the spot and don't waste an hour of my time telling me how screwed you will be. Or now are, because we can fill the spot you didn't book with ten dogs with owners who aren't going to need someone to hold their hand.

Your dog was too matted to go long on shaving them down, sorry. I'm sure it was a fluke that they matted up on the drive over to get groomed.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

So there's one peeve: people waiting till the last freaking minute to buy food and then getting upset when the store is closed or doesn't have their food in stock. Ummm, maybe plan ahead a little bit?
Ugh, that is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve. Especially people who feed Orijen/Acana because at least twice a year they get backordered. People KNOW this, and they still wait until they have zero food. And well, sucks to be you!

During the Nat Balance recall we had a woman come in who FREAKED because we didn't have the Sweet Potato and Venison because "all other food makes his intestines bleed!"
Don't you think you should make sure you have at least half a bag when you go in to buy a new one then? Maybe?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ugh, irks the snot out of me. We had a customer at Blaine (hopefully you haven't dealt with her) who INSISTED and would tell other customers that you HAVE to declaw or they will scratch ALL OF YOUR THINGS! At the time I was living with 3 fully clawed cats and no ruined furniture, she told me it would happen, just wait!
Unfortunately, I think I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
So there's one peeve: people waiting till the last freaking minute to buy food and then getting upset when the store is closed or doesn't have their food in stock. Ummm, maybe plan ahead a little bit?
Oh my god, this, a hundred times over. Do you wait until you have ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD IN THE HOUSE before you go to the grocery store? No. I didn't think so. Even when we have the food in stock, I hear "I just ran out this morning!" about a dozen times a day, and I know that those people are going to be the door-bangers soon. It's like...don't you realize you're getting close to the end of a bag gradually? It's not like it *poof* disappears one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I just want people to be a little smarter about what they read on the internet. Research is good, information is good... but some people really just need a better filter.
Ooooooh, examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post

The minor level of glucosamine in your old dog's food is not enough, and the reason we're asking is because your dog can hardly move and perhaps needs more of a supplement and some pain meds.
This. People don't seem to get this. Or they'll pick the food BECAUSE it has glucosamine in it, when there really aren't theraputic levels. Just buy a supplement.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ugh, that is probably my BIGGEST pet peeve. Especially people who feed Orijen/Acana because at least twice a year they get backordered. People KNOW this, and they still wait until they have zero food. And well, sucks to be you!

During the Nat Balance recall we had a woman come in who FREAKED because we didn't have the Sweet Potato and Venison because "all other food makes his intestines bleed!"
Don't you think you should make sure you have at least half a bag when you go in to buy a new one then? Maybe?
Why would anyone use common sense? I mean, seriously!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RL1 RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Why would anyone use common sense? I mean, seriously!
What is that? Common...what? I don't get it.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
What is that? Common...what? I don't get it.

"What's a duck foot?"

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Top Dog

Although, I did sell someone chicken necks today and was wholly impressed by her!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RL1 RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

"What's a duck foot?"
"A...what? What is that? A duck foot? No, what is it made of? A duck foot? What? Like an actual duck foot? From an actual duck? That's horrible!"

"A...what? What is that? A bully stick? What is that made of? You're joking. They wouldn't do that. That's disgusting. That can't be safe to eat."

"A...what? What is that? What is that? A what? Like a real one? From an actual cow? That's...wow Oh, this is gross. Oh, this is greasy. Dogs actually like these? I can't believe I'm touching a throat. What? Oh, throat...trachea...same thing."

"What's the difference between this one and that one? Just the flavor? So yeah, it's the flavor. So they're the same thing. But it's the same brand. I didn't realize the flavor made such a difference. You mean that's the first ingredient? I didn't realize there was so much meat in dog food."

Somebody stop me.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I just want people to be a little smarter about what they read on the internet. Research is good, information is good... but some people really just need a better filter.
Go on....