Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Agility freak!

Default She hit 11 months and her brain melted.

Just what the title says. Since Simi turned 11 months I've noticed some HUGE changes in her.

Her drive, for one, is AMAZING. She has gone from this slow, not really interested little dog to this amazing power house that will TAKE YOU DOWN to get that tug and is ripping grass out trying to get a better grip to do things as FAST AS SHE CAN. It's lovely. I really am enjoying it and she's a lot of fun.

I've noticed that in the house, she's much more calm, more snuggly and she's over all very well behaved. Interested in spending as much time with me as possible. It's really nice, actually. She's turning into a good dog.

Physically she's really maturing nicely. See my latest picture post for proof. She's the perfect size, and she's built just how I like 'em. She's a pretty girlie.

BUT. Here's the worst thing. I've also noticed that she's basically two dogs. We have Squishy (like off Finding Nemo); Squishy is adorable and snuggly and is drivey and fun and I loves her a lot. She's a good dog.

Then we have The Simi. The Simi is a blazing IDIOT. She's got no brains at all. Hence the brain melting comment. She's forgotten she has a recall, forgotten she knows how to sit stay, forgotten she's almost a fully grown dog and that it's time to start acting like it! She also runs away with my $10 disc and loses them in the field. *glares*

Please, PLEASE someone tell me that she'll get her brain back? Cause the drive is really fun and the balls to the walls thing is cool... but it's all just useless if she never gets her brain back. *sigh*

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Felurian

Yup. Right on target

You'll get her back, even better than before

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityPup View Post
Please, PLEASE someone tell me that she'll get her brain back? Cause the drive is really fun and the balls to the walls thing is cool... but it's all just useless if she never gets her brain back. *sigh*
Kastle is a very fast maturing dog (so take the ages with a grain of salt), but he hit that stage around 10 months and now at 15 months, he's about through it. His maturity in general is very high now. He doesn't destroy, he doesn't have accidents (unless truly sick), he listens well, feels bad when he's naughty and has some control (only a little) over where he's aiming his drive (like if his ball hits me, instead of biting me while bouncing off me in his panic to get it in his mouth, he just grabs it fast without hurting me LOL). Honestly, with Kastle, it was like one day he woke up and was "clear". We still have moments where I want to shake him until the teeth he has left fall out but they are fewer and fewer.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Walks into Mordor

The brain will come back! I promise! Unfortunately, no guarantees on when, LOL.

Voodoo hit that stage at about 8 months. I think he regrew his brain somewhere around age 4 or 5. No joke. On the other hand, Zeus had such a short brainless phase that I almost didn't even notice it.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Gusto's brain fell out at 10 months. There are slow glimmers that a new one is growing in its place, now that he's 15 months.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Yup, that sounds about right lol. Keep fighting the good fight and she'll be back and then you'll have a really stellar dog on your hands

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia didn't grow a brain until she was around 2 1/2. Then it came in slowly. I still don't think it's done judging by her seemingly random 'let's shred everything!' phases she still has... Maybe I shouldn't say that out loud though, that's not very encouraging! :/
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Knox was two on the second of August. Still doesn't have a brain. Enzo is five in February. Still no brain. Falls out in public everytime. Ozzy is six in November and he's okay. He's actually a really good dog in the house except for the barking. But he's a bit of a butthead to begin with in terms of teaching him things.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Agility freak!

Man, I just gotta keep telling myself that her brain WILL come back. And when it does, I'm going to have myself an amazing dog. Her drive is SO much fun, when her brain decides to make an appearance.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog