Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Blackout

The fact that she would even be remotely interested in me is personally mind numbing. NEVER any signals from her before - not the slightest hints of anything; and she is straight as an arrow and I would never have figured myself as her type either, so both things those only add to the perplexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Things like this happen ALL. THE. TIME.

Who hasn't made a pass at someone who isn't interested in them OR been on the receiving end?
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
The fact that she would even be remotely interested in me is personally mind numbing. NEVER any signals from her before - not the slightest hints of anything; and she is straight as an arrow and I would never have figured myself as her type either, so both things those only add to the perplexity.
She never gave hints and tells people she's straight.... Again, hardly mind blowing!

How old are you both?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Blackout

LMAO

She IS straight - she's only ever dated or been interested in men all the time we've known each other (since 7th grade), and no she's never shown any signs of attraction towards me or women except for normal appreciation of style/beauty "That's hot", "She's got a nice body" etc.

I'm 26 and she's 29.

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-08-2012, 04:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
LMAO

She IS straight - she's only ever dated or been interested in men all the time we've known each other (since 7th grade), and no she's never shown any signs of attraction towards me or women except for normal appreciation of style/beauty "That's hot", "She's got a nice body" etc.

I'm 26 and she's 29.
Again, just because she hasn't let on to YOU, doesn't mean she's straight 100%. You can't just think you know... People are able to keep these sort of things secret!

I thought you were a lot younger lol!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Blackout

Why is that lol? I admit though I have alot to learn - perhaps that's what makes me seem younger xd

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Why is that lol? I admit though I have alot to learn - perhaps that's what makes me seem younger xd
Just assumed you were a teen from your posts. I was wrong!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Blackout

Lol I need to grow up then!

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Top Dog

She could have wanted to fool around/experiment possibly. Sometimes girls want to explore their sexuality or may just be plain sexually frustrated and who better to help with that than a best friend?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 09-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
LMAO

I'm 26 and she's 29.
Just because she has only ever been with men doesn't necessarily mean she is 100% straight. I've only been with men, but recently have been realizing more that I am also attracted to women. Whether I'm attracted to them in a sexual manner or not, I'm still trying to figure out, but there is definitely something drawing me towards feeling some sort of attraction to women. Typing that out here is actually the first I've spoken about it to be honest since i havent felt the need to talk about it. Maybe she is just trying to sort out how she may feel towards the same sex. Maybe she is actually attracted to you and misread signals and thought she would just go for it. Just because someone appears straight doesn't mean they necessarily are. Hell, she could be straight and just wanted to have fun and experiment a little too. Personally I would just leave it alone and not say anything about it to her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is feeling a bit embarrassed that she may have misread your signals.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Blackout

When I've wanted to explore with girls I didn't go to a close friend lol - and when I've been frustrated in that manner I just picked up guys xd. Her "method" is safer and alot more risk free I admit. But still it really caught me off-guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
She could have wanted to fool around/experiment possibly. Sometimes girls want to explore their sexuality or may just be plain sexually frustrated and who better to help with that than a best friend?
Skittle,

I'm sort of bi-curious myself. I've been with a woman sexually only once but have had other sorts of "explorations" quite a few times casually. Again - just from knowing her it was just quite a shock, really out of the blue - more so the fact that she would make a move on me than her being curious I guess.

We met up again today at Stanley Park for a run with the dogs - after which we went off for a brunch while the dogs stayed in the sufficiently cool car to nap and chew on cow ears. It was lovely; very relaxed, we didn't go into any discussion about it and she didn't try her hand (pun totally intended) at any more overtures. Admittedly she did seem abit starved for a relationship/dating - throwing herself into exercise/intense agility classes with Ruby and being at work all the time doesn't fill that need in her as she expected it would she explained today.

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard