Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-08-2012, 08:44 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Brian got very encouraging news about work. He is basically on contract right now through a secondary company so we disn't know if it would just be over in 6 months or if they would hire him. Well he has gotten a lot of great feedback and lots of encouragment and all the bosses want to keep him and they have convinced the money/budget people that he is an asset. Now there is a bit of politics of course. To make room in the "teams" budget they have to give the lead guy a new title but they have to make sure it isn't a title that they just got rid of, etc. that kind of stuff but it seems everyone is bending over backwards to make it work so they can keep him.

If or when that happens... That will change our lives in so many amazing ways. We are praying about it a lot and he should have a definitive answer in the next two weeks. So if you can spare a prayer for us i would appreciate it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
So if you can spare a prayer for us i would appreciate it
You've got it!

We just got home from a nice long walk with the dogs, right before the insane heat set in It's a gorgeous morning here

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I have this weekend off! Whoot! Granted, I still have a lot of stuff to do, but it can all be done at my pace, on my own time. Hooray!

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Brian got very encouraging news about work. He is basically on contract right now through a secondary company so we disn't know if it would just be over in 6 months or if they would hire him. Well he has gotten a lot of great feedback and lots of encouragment and all the bosses want to keep him and they have convinced the money/budget people that he is an asset. Now there is a bit of politics of course. To make room in the "teams" budget they have to give the lead guy a new title but they have to make sure it isn't a title that they just got rid of, etc. that kind of stuff but it seems everyone is bending over backwards to make it work so they can keep him.

If or when that happens... That will change our lives in so many amazing ways. We are praying about it a lot and he should have a definitive answer in the next two weeks. So if you can spare a prayer for us i would appreciate it
SO happy for you all -- and especially Brian Just the fact that they want to keep him so badly has to make him stand up straighter and smile bigger

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

I snagged a ride to the Afghan hound family reunion! After looking forward to it for a whole year then suddenly not being able to go, suddenly I have a ride! Over the moon about it!

Also even though the is no flight in sight for my new saluki, one of the volunteers drove out to the rescue to take some pics and videos of him for me!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

Just got off the phone with a possible job offer, go to finalize details tomorrow morning if all goes well and could start Wednesday. I can still work at the kennel, but they've slowed their hours and after repeated requests on my end for them to figure out a schedule and it not happening, at least now I know I have some income coming in each month, spring break, Christmas break and summer break off (nanny for a teacher), can bring the kiddo with me, UI for the summer months and when I'm off, it'll be busy at the kennel so I can pick up hours.

If it all works out, it'll save a lot of stress between now and when both kids are in school full time days and childcare isn't as much of a stresser.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
SO happy for you all -- and especially Brian Just the fact that they want to keep him so badly has to make him stand up straighter and smile bigger
Thank you

I just said to him "everything else aside... Isn't it just so nice to be appreciated at work". He is busy at this job but so much less stressed. He is so much happier and healthier

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-08-2012, 11:28 AM
orange iguanas.

Weekend off YAY! And I made it count by staying up late, sleeping a million hours, and the weather is finally GORGEOUS and feels like fall instead of scorching summer. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Today is my last long day at work. Not looking forward to 8 hours on my already aching feet but at least it's the last time. Also just applied for some really cool jobs that I hope I get!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm All Ears

I was 63 for our morning hike! Perfect weather. It was glorious.