Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
Hehe, did you all hear about the founder of Dogs Deserve Better being arrested for animal cruelty? It's the best news I've read in ages! I hope she sits in a jail cell until she dies. Then she'll know how all the dogs she locked in tiny crates for the majority of the day felt.
I didn't hear that! That's hilarious!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdog View Post
Hehe, did you all hear about the founder of Dogs Deserve Better being arrested for animal cruelty? It's the best news I've read in ages! I hope she sits in a jail cell until she dies. Then she'll know how all the dogs she locked in tiny crates for the majority of the day felt.
What is "the majority of the day"? From what I've read of that incident they had nothing to actually charge her with all her dogs were in great physical condition(meaning well excersized) had plenty of mental stimulation and were all in great health.

I personally know nothing about this DDB organization and am not for or against them. I just like to get the whole story before demonizing someone. "the majority of the day" is certainly a subjective phrase.

I am not against tethering at all. I have tethered my own dogs from time to time and I always tether them when we go camping since campsites are usually fairly close to one another. At home they have a 40'X12' pen that they can go in. When I go to work I crate some dogs and some are left loose, who is crated and who is loose is often switched up on any given day.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Felurian

This was released August 28: http://www.globalanimal.org/2012/08/...cruelty/80592/

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Interesting, that article states "What they observed was enough to charge Thayne with animal cruelty." and in another article I read on the issue gave a completly different side to the story

http://www.examiner.com/article/resc...animal-cruelty
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Felurian

The whole thing is sketchy.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I'm sure she PAID her way out. After all, all those donations from the blind and ignorant people of the world have to go to some use.

I have no sympathy for a lady, who not only advocates the stealing of dogs from owners' yards, but goes further to encourage neighbors to call THEM and "report" dog owner who leave their dogs outside and/or chain/tethers their dogs so that DDB can somehow intervene and do the stealing of the dogs instead.

You want to steal my dog? Have at it. You'll find yourself staring at the "Oh *#%*...I just pooped my pants!" end of my 30.06.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Felurian

Problem is, IF the charges aren't realistic, it's only going to add to her appeal and make a martyr of her, allowing the organization to further demonize anyone who uses a tether or tie out.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Taxiderpy

Here's a link with photos of the warrant. They did end up seizing one dog.

http://wtvr.com/2012/08/28/warrant-s...er-on-animals/
Old 09-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Top Dog

Love this thread! I am constantly banging heads with rescues over this.

The biggest problem I have encountered with people that think chaining is wrong is the whole "chaining makes dogs aggressive" crap that HSUS has spread. The fact is, the chain doesn't make the dog aggressive, it's the lack of socialization given to dogs who are chained all day that may result in aggression. A chain does not make a dog aggressive and it drives me insane that people who work in rescue don't know this. They blame the chains...not the idiot owners. If you came across a dog with an imbedded collar, would you blame and attempt to outlaw collars? Or would you blame the owner, the person who misused the collar?

Another problem is people seem to think that your dog has to be in your business, cuddling with you all the time or you are not a good dog owner. "Why get a dog if you're just going to chain them outside?" Excuse me, but I am not going to have my dog up my butt all the time. I am going to put him outside/crate him/tell him to go away at times. This logic just doesn't make sense.

It's the same thing with responsible breeding...these people don't see a middle ground. They see all chaining as bad, all breeding as bad... It's hard to get through a mentality like that and a resistance to enlightenment and learning.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
ClearlyforCanines.com

I am in total agreement with your thoughts on the whole situation. You are taking responsibility for your companions and watching out for their safety as well as others in your area. There are so many other things needing more attention than how you confine your pets!