Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2012, 09:57 PM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,003
Default Aquarium Pics????

Please?

I'm having serious fish want but the time isn't right now, so I would love to live vicariously through fishy chazzers...Show off your fish and their habitats!
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Keechak's Avatar
Keechak Keechak is offline
Aussie Obssessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 563
Default

Here is mine

30 Gal
freshwater tropical
Malaysian Driftwood
planted tank, a couple anubias, hornwart, some swords

Inhabitants are
1 Male Crowntail Betta
6 Peppered Corydora Catfish
7 Cardinal Tetra
2 Oto
1 Amano Shrimp
1 Flying Fox (which will have to leave my tank when he is older and gets too big, he was brought in as an attempt to subdue hair algae growth)

I have it set up since around June



And here is Roberto my Betta (aka Bob) (with an out of focus Cory in the foreground)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,958
Default

Tomorrow, since it's dark.

Ours is a 40 gallon tub out front with duckweed and water hyacinth. My daughter's goldfish is out for the summer and loving it. We're trying really hard to groom him so he'll fill out properly. He's supposed to be a ryukin, but got kind of starved before he came here so was really far behind growth-wise.

She said she wants a steampunk aquarium, so I picked up a leaky old 40 gallon from goodwill for $10 and am in the process of converting it. The new silicone should be cured tomorrow afternoon.

Here's the little guy when we first brought him home:



A month later, much better. Hopefully it's not too late for him to reach his full potential.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Kat09Tails's Avatar
Kat09Tails Kat09Tails is offline
*Now with Snark*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upper Left hand corner, USA
Posts: 3,337
Default

http://www.adaaust.com.au/gallery/gallery.htm

I lust for this guy's tank designs. Absolutely amazing. WANT WANT WANT someday

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,958
Default

Now that is a shiny shiny tank. Heavily planted ones are always so gorgeous. He does great rock placement too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 AM
skittledoo's Avatar
skittledoo skittledoo is offline
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,553
Default

No tanks right now. My last one was a ten gallon with a betta and two African dwarf frogs. Haven't had any tanks going wince they all died. I know its not an aquarium, but I used to have a pond filled with koi at the house I lived in when I was a kid.
__________________
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,457
Default

Have had several set up, but we want to wait until we are a little more grounded. We have been moving every year and I don't want to deal with moving a big tank anymore. So we are waiting. Next step is a 400 gallon, though.
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Tomorrow, since it's dark.

Ours is a 40 gallon tub out front with duckweed and water hyacinth. My daughter's goldfish is out for the summer and loving it. We're trying really hard to groom him so he'll fill out properly. He's supposed to be a ryukin, but got kind of starved before he came here so was really far behind growth-wise.

She said she wants a steampunk aquarium, so I picked up a leaky old 40 gallon from goodwill for $10 and am in the process of converting it. The new silicone should be cured tomorrow afternoon.

Here's the little guy when we first brought him home:



A month later, much better. Hopefully it's not too late for him to reach his full potential.

You must post pics of the project-it sounds awesome! Do you know what the basic design is going to be yet?

I also want you to know that I just spent 30 minutes looking up steampunk stuff because I'd never heard of it before and find it intriguing-lol.

My aquirium ideal would be a goldfish pond outside, a large 40-50 gal planted community tank, a 10-20 gal guppy tank with a female betta for "population control," at least one or two male betta set ups, and a twenty gallon with a pair of African clawed frogs. DH is horrified at the amount of aquiriums I want-lol.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 AM
maxfox426's Avatar
maxfox426 maxfox426 is offline
My dog tickles my soul
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keechak View Post
Here is mine

30 Gal
freshwater tropical
Malaysian Driftwood
planted tank, a couple anubias, hornwart, some swords

Inhabitants are
1 Male Crowntail Betta
6 Peppered Corydora Catfish
7 Cardinal Tetra
2 Oto
1 Amano Shrimp
1 Flying Fox (which will have to leave my tank when he is older and gets too big, he was brought in as an attempt to subdue hair algae growth)

I have it set up since around June



And here is Roberto my Betta (aka Bob) (with an out of focus Cory in the foreground)
^^ This is pretty much the setup I want someday. <3 <3 <3 So jealous!
__________________
Cynthia
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Keechak's Avatar
Keechak Keechak is offline
Aussie Obssessed
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
^^ This is pretty much the setup I want someday. <3 <3 <3 So jealous!
Thanks, I've spent a lot of time on it arranging it and learning what plants do best in what places. I lost one Amazon sword due too not getting enough light as it was tucked in a dark corner, my center amazon sword as you can see is doing great and I can't wait till it grows up to the top of the tank. My center(driftwood) anubias is also doing fantastic and has roots growing everywhere I am excited for when it decides to grow a new sprout somewhere!

Here are some more fish shots
one of the Otos


The Cardinal Tetra (this photo was taken a couple months ago and the plant that's in the background here was a fake plant that is no longer in my tank.)


Mr Bob again


And one of the Cory Cats
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site