Favorite breeders?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Australian shepherd: http://www.oracleaussies.com/ (and yes, I am VERY biased considering this is where my puppy is coming from lol)
I tend to prefer smaller scale breeders where the dogs in the breeding program live in the home and are loved pets primarily, where health is the first priority, followed closely by temperament, who is versatile (who show, work, sport etc..) who also are very personable, kind, reachable/hands on with people (facebook, email etc..) and great photography helps too! lol
Natural rearing/raw feeding is a huge plus

Kilter

There are certain border collie breeders I quite like, helps if they have the same taste in dogs as I do. Some I don't like all of their dogs so it'd depend on the parents of a litter as to if I'd want a pup or not. One I like her dogs quite a bit, she likes some of the same dogs I like and admire, and she has the same warped sense of humor which helps too.

Like Fran I like the smaller scale breeders that work on the same ethics I have, which is hard to find in the breed sometimes.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Proudfoot Boerboels. The breeder is a wonderful lady and her dogs are to die for. I would love to eventually meet her and her dogs in person.

I also really like Black Shadow Cane Corso, if I ever go that route she would be the breeder I would go to. Love her dogs and she is just so personable and nice.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I also saw this thread the other day and meant to come back to it. It's really a difficult thread (for me) to respond to though. I don't like to discuss actual breeders publicly because I don't like them to feel they're being talked about behind their backs, and because breeders often are disagreed with and picked apart because everyone has a different opinion on what they feel is a good breeder. I just don't like when I see actual kennel names and breeder names posted on forums... sometimes it's all good, but often it's not and then the breeder's feelings are probably hurt, even if they happen upon the thread and conduct themselves well. I know my Dobes' breeder would probably not like to be discussed on an internet forum publicly, even if it was all good things. She'd rather be a part of the discussion, since it's her life and breeding program, than just the topic to be discussed by others.
:hail: I agree 100% - very well said.

I have no problem talking about my dogs and where they came from. However, due to someone from a forum contacting a breeder in an attempt to make me look bad I will be very cautious about what information I give out.

However, I will say in the two breeds I currently own there are several breeders I'd have in interest in getting a pup from, if I went that way again.

Proudfoot Boerboels. The breeder is a wonderful lady and her dogs are to die for. I would love to eventually meet her and her dogs in person.

I also really like Black Shadow Cane Corso, if I ever go that route she would be the breeder I would go to. Love her dogs and she is just so personable and nice.
You are making me blush! But you make it easy to be nice to, you care about your dogs and want what is best for them and are honest about your life and what will and won't work for your circumstance. You research and show a dedication to any breed you are looking into and don't jump in and then research.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Oooh...I've been looking for the past couple YEARS for the breeder I want to get my GSD from...I think I just found it :eek:
Aww that's awesome. :)

Luckily, I live like an hour away from them... so I'm able to visit and meet with them and their dogs. Amazing people with amazing dogs!!! Like Kastle, I want a GSD that is happy & I can do anything with, and True Haus definitely breeds for that. A lot of working GSD breeders come off as almost a working dog factory, with very little emphasis on breeding family dogs that you can live with, and I don't like that at all.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
There is one ES breeder who I've linked in the past that I really, really admire. She is very nice and personable, and has so much knowledge and insight into the breed. She has fantastic, titled working dogs who work all kind of stock at home, too. They are the type of ES that make my heart sing. She only has a few dogs and breeds very rarely, I would absolutely love one of her dogs. She actually has a litter on the ground right now and I want so badly to just give her a deposit even though it's not the best time for us!

Members online