Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

You know what, people are going to talk and not everyone is going to like you. Hold your head up and take pride in your job, who cares if 1 person out of many don't like you. I know there are a few at my work that don't like me, their problem not mine. I take pride in my work and if their laziness effects my job, I am sure to let them know it.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

the odd thing is that she usually does like me. Even though she's lazy and has poor work ethics... as a person, she's a likable person and usually easy to get along with. She just frustrates me because she doesn't pull her weight and never goes that extra mile. So.. as a whole, i'd prefer not to have to work with her. It's unfortunate she's like that because she could be such a good nurse. She knows what she's doing... she does take good care of her patients when she's not out smoking. I'm at a cross roads with her. I'm still licking my wounds from what she said, and yet... I feel bad for her. I'm wondering if she's having issues in her private life that are spilling over into her work. She's been saying negative things about work in general and jumping all over people for all kinds of things.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
and Fozzie B!

Honestly, no matter how amazing you are at your job and no matter how many of your co-workers love you, there is ALWAYS going to be some one who doesn't like you. Especially working in a huge facility like a hospital, with so many employees and tension/stress running high!

The fact that some one told you means that people don't agree with that and they care about you! Personally, if I heard some one said that about me, I wouldn't confront them. I would, however, make them question if you knew. I'd be incredibly obvious about being OVERLY friendly, OVERLY helpful, and do "special" things for them like make them brownies. Kill them with kindness and make them feel bad about talking sh*t.

When I worked at the Petsmart Pet Hotel, I was friends with like 90% of the staff. I worked there for 4 years and was the "cool manager" that everyone wanted to work with. There was one assistant manager who was jealous of me for getting a higher position than him even though he was 10 years older, and had worked there twice as long as me. HE wanted our co-workers to come to his parties, but they'd be hanging out with me. HE wanted to be the cool manager, but people regularly complained to corporate that he was a bully, violent with dogs, and sexually harassed girls. He would talk crap about me to the other employees and he'd tell on me/make up lies to try to get me fired. Jealous people are really evil, but it has nothing to do with you, it's just them wanting to start drama, get attention and serve their own agenda. She's really trying to deflect from the fact that she is not a good worker by gossiping, but in the end you KNOW you're a harder worker & a better person and that's all that matters.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I feel your pain! I am in a very very similiar situation right now
So... (((((hugs)))))) try to listen to the people who are defending you / telling the TRUTH That's what counts.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o