Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm honestly in a dilemma now. The breeders I like in a couple breeds don't register with the AKC but I need AKC registration to do agility around here. To ILP you need to neuter your dog. Blegh.

My preferred plan is if it's a girl let them go through a few heats then spay. Boy, keep intact unless there's a problem. Bernard is still intact and I don't think he'll ever be neutered.

I do really wish I'd let Mia go through a heat before spaying her. Her breeder wanted her done before 10 months and I held out to 11 months.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Just wanted to stop in and say that despite being neutered right at 6 months, Frodo has a huge johnson.

As for me, if I ever have a female dog I plan on getting her spayed because I don't want to deal with it. I don't plan on having a female dog. Ever.

For boys, I'd absolutely wait until maturity, but then they're coming off. Cause racecar.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 08-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I'm honestly in a dilemma now. The breeders I like in a couple breeds don't register with the AKC but I need AKC registration to do agility around here. To ILP you need to neuter your dog. Blegh.

My preferred plan is if it's a girl let them go through a few heats then spay. Boy, keep intact unless there's a problem. Bernard is still intact and I don't think he'll ever be neutered.

I do really wish I'd let Mia go through a heat before spaying her. Her breeder wanted her done before 10 months and I held out to 11 months.
Are you talking BC's? ABCA reg will get you AKC reg, but many of the breeders make that in direct violation of their contract. Same goes for ASCA, I believe. Usually with the working Aussies/BC's it's a matter of breech of contract.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Let it be

I don't know if it was just age or hormones but Bandit eats about a fourth of what he did before. His muscle tone used to be beautiful and now I have a hard time keeping him nice and trim. I swear Chihuahuas eat more than he does.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Are you talking BC's? ABCA reg will get you AKC reg, but many of the breeders make that in direct violation of their contract. Same goes for ASCA, I believe. Usually with the working Aussies/BC's it's a matter of breech of contract.
Yes with BCs it's often a breech of contract. Well with pretty much every BC breeder I've been interested in. It seems less common in the Aussie breeders I've looked at. A lot more dual ASCA and AKC regged dogs.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
overdogged

Quote:
LOL no junk really bothers me, I think boys looks weird without balls and girls looks weird with like zero nipples... although CharlieDog's description is pretty repulsive, hahaha!

Ok so some junk bothers me... the other day I bathed an intact male Swissy and his. balls. were. SO. HUGE. IT WAS LIKE A SACK OF APPLES. I admit I was kind of traumatized, though personally I still find hanging empty scrotums far worse!
I admit, it skeeves me out when we have old intact dogs come in and their balls are bouncing off their knees. Get those boys some tighty whiteys or *something*.

I find Luce's boobies very distracting. They're not huge, but they're definitely *there*. Her mustn't touch it is, at least, relatively discreet. LOL
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm All Ears

I know this will sound really odd but I notice a lot of female pit bulls in particular have huge and strange looking er.... 'mustn't touches'. (to put it like you said) It distracts me.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Twin 2

Balls really don't bother me. I mean, Traveler's are really not in your face unless he's putting them literally in your face. I get told what a pretty girl he is all the time. But overall I find nothing offensive or gross about them. Looks wrong to me when they aren't there.

And Paige, Kaylee is at least 85 lb and eats way less than Traveler at 39 and she's still overweight. I blame altering and unfortunate genetics but I feel so bad for her because she's always hungry but if given anymore than she gets she would be obese.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I don't know if it was just age or hormones but Bandit eats about a fourth of what he did before. His muscle tone used to be beautiful and now I have a hard time keeping him nice and trim. I swear Chihuahuas eat more than he does.

Macky has the same deal. She eats a minuscule amount of food, gets lot of exercise, and still isn't as lean as I'd like. It's really frustrating.

Keeva, OTO, eats a generous portion of raw food for her size plus marrow bones, chews, training treats, stuffed kongs, and is still sport lean with big muscles. It's a relief not to have to stress over how much eats, I have to say. Yes, Keeva is an adolescent still, but Macky was chubby 15 months (Keeva's age). We were SHOCKED to realize it, because she was eating a reasonable amount of food and getting lots of exercise.

I know that there's more at play than just hormones (although even her vet feels that's a large part of why Keeva is as lean as she is), but... if I needed another reason to think twice about altering, that's certainly a good one.

Laurelin, I remember looking at BC breeders before I got DemonSeed and wanting to SCREAM. "I JUST WANT TO DO SPORTS, I SWEAR!" lol

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Mackenzy has no nipples. NO. NIPPLES. YOU GUYS. They're flat spots. As for her vajayjay... the running joke is that it only exists in theory, nobody's actually seen it.
Same for Yoshi... I didn't even know she had them *yeah I'm stupid* until I was like what is this tiny bump??? Took her to the doctor and was told it was a nipple.

Female dogs with giant dog boobs kinda gross me out x.x

For spay/neuter I like how boy dogs look if they aren't neutered or are neutered later in life. They just look like boys. For females though I can't always tell a difference.

I'll always get my dog as a shelter rescue though so they'll be spay/neutered regardless of age.