Seriously stressing out. The people that own the place we are going to be in temporarily until we find a house didn't just say no to the cat, but hell no. One of Josh's friends decided to take him temporarily for us which was a huge relief, but then the other day backed out because his girlfriend us apparently allergic.and concerned about having a third cat in the house. We are moving in a week. I'm literally stressing out about this to where I can pretty much think about nothing else right now. Looked into boarding him but I'm being quoted $500-900 a month to board him. As much as I'd love to be able to, I just can't afford that. I just emailed a local cat rescue explaining the situation. They *might* know someone willing to take him temporarily with all his expenses paid for of course since I'm going to cover all his costs. I figured it was worth a try to ask. I really don't want to have to rehome him permanently if I can avoid it and I've called/texted every friend I have locally that I could think of. He came and cuddled with me in bed this morning and I broke down in tears because I really feel like I'm not doing good by him since i haven't figured this out yet. I feel like such a terrible owner and I'm worried the end of next week is going to come without a resolution. I will not take him to a shelter out here because they tend to euthanize quickly with cats and I just can't do that. If I have no choice I will see if the cat rescue will let me surrender him to them but I really really really don't want to do that. God this is making me miserable right now. Josh has tried all his friends too. His sister is checking with some of her friends to see if anyone can.
Joey- Ibizan Hound
Cricket- Mexican Street dog (we think Xolo mix)
Bamm- BC mix