Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Top Dog

Could you talk to the dad and plan a time for him to play with the dogs or maybe give him approved treats to throw over or hide for them?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

I don't have a lot of advice, but way to go for staying calm. I'd be so upset I wouldn't be able to think straight.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Blackout

Get signs and a working line LGD or borrow someones intact male Rottie for a while.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Top Dog

You don't think the asshole guy could be trying to poison your dogs do you? It happens all too often.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
You don't think the asshole guy could be trying to poison your dogs do you? It happens all too often.
I"m going with this one. My neighbor's kids like to throw chlorine tablets over to my yard. Not cool.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
It's certainly possible, and that's why I don't let the dogs eat it ever.

To be fair, except for the crap out the window, we don't KNOW that they put the food there, although we're pretty sure. I think a letter that's along the lines of, "Dear Neighbor, you should that someone's been putting food in our yard since you have children and we wouldn't want anyone getting sick," would be appropriate given the information we have and would get the point across. But I'm still talking it over with the roommate.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

A "pit bull" puppy I adopted out was killed by being poisoned when a neighbor threw raw meatballs into my friend's yard. Those "meatballs" were laced with Decon, and Cowboy bled to death internally. No amount of treatment was going to save him. He was only 4 months old.

IMO, any time someone is throwing food into your yard, your first thought should be "POISON!" and not "yuck...what a nuisance".

Honestly, I'd have the cops at my house every single time I found a scrap of food throw in my yard, and especially if my gate was left open.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
A "pit bull" puppy I adopted out was killed by being poisoned when a neighbor threw raw meatballs into my friend's yard. Those "meatballs" were laced with Decon, and Cowboy bled to death internally. No amount of treatment was going to save him. He was only 4 months old.

IMO, any time someone is throwing food into your yard, your first thought should be "POISON!" and not "yuck...what a nuisance".

Honestly, I'd have the cops at my house every single time I found a scrap of food throw in my yard, and especially if my gate was left open.
That WAS my first thought. Until I realized it happened after every time the neighbors had a cookout.

I live in Chicago proper. The cops are won't do jack about something this minor. Sucks but it's true. They're busy.