Homemade Kidney Diets?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Anybody have anything to offer? I'm not a fan of the prescription kidney diets on the market and don't necessarily believe they support kidney health, but it's looking like Macky's kidneys may never be 100% again. She's also REALLY intolerant of corn (stanky, yeasty ears, constant scratching, etc) and gets really fat with any significant amount of grain in her diet, so... most prescription kibble isn't going to be good for her.

I know people on here have mentioned a nutritionist who will design a custom diet for your dog? Definitely interested in that. We're willing to spend what we need to, home cook, supplement, etc.

Thanks friends.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I've had three diets formulated by Sabine with Better Dog Care (her username on Chaz is Mordy) and have been very happy with them. http://www.betterdogcare.com/

She formulated one for one of our Dachshunds who was having seizures and after thousands of dollars in testing and still not having an answer I turned to her. He has been seizure free since April of 2010.

Sabine is a great person, who is very easy to work with and is always available for support if needed, and her diets are very detailed.

If you'd like to see a sample of a diet she formulated for me I'd be happy to share. :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
MissAshby, I would LOVE to see a sample diet. Is yours raw or cooked? We feed raw currently and are open to either!

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
MissAshby, I would LOVE to see a sample diet. Is yours raw or cooked? We feed raw currently and are open to either!
It's a mixture, but Cali's diet is totally raw. She will do whatever you want (raw, cooked, mixture, etc) or she can help you decide what would be best given the issues you are trying to battle. You can also let her know how much prep work you want to put into it - and she will adjust the ingredients to simple to find items as much as possible. She is awesome! I'll be happy to email a copy over to you if you give me your email address.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Sabine is definitely a great way to go for a custom and specialized diet! If you have the book and need something for the immediate until Sabine gets you all set up, there is a kidney diet in Pitcairn's Natural Health book... I don't remember all the details but I do remember finding it in there when Kota was having problems last year.

Members online

No members online now.