Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I disagree....taking away the right of a women to choose to have an abortion or not is DEFINITELY taking away a woman's right to make decision for her own body.

I do agree that Romney's history is not bad on the abortion issue but I dont know how he would handle the issue as POTUS. But, I am not voting on that issue alone
Old 08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Yeah, I disagree....taking away the right of a women to choose to have an abortion or not is DEFINITELY taking away a woman's right to make decision for her own body.

I do agree that Romney's history is not bad on the abortion issue but I dont know how he would handle the issue as POTUS. But, I am not voting on that issue alone

Ahhhh but I said being anti abortion... Not makig abortion illegal. Romney may not agree with abortion but he has not made moves to tey to make it illegal.

I am anti abortion (for birth control
Purposes) but I don't think it should be illegal. I wish women would take sex more seriously and stop viewing it as just fun when it could resilt in
Choosing to end a life (not talking about medical nessecity) but I wouldn't make it illegal ... I am still anti abortion (even though I myself have had to make the choice to terminate for medical reasons)

Although I would say wen have a lot of choice about their bodies when it comes to choosing an act that could result in a pregnancy. Barring rape, we all have a choice. We all know what sex can result in... I sometimes wish there was a little more of a personal responsibility mind set these days. Sex is fun but we all know that babies are a very possible result. I get that people are more sexually liberal but is that a good choice if youcan't handle the real possibilities?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Last edited by sparks19; 08-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Top Dog

This is getting a little ridiculous. I never assumed anyone was ignorant. Not once. And I gave the links and a summary... I said they were against the things I stated and I meant it as a collective statement...as in both Ryan and Romney...not either/or.

If you're going to cease debating about the subject and start fussing about the debate itself, I don't see the point in it anymore.

I also agree that telling a woman that she can't have an abortion IS against women's rights. And to clarify, many of their beliefs also border on it...to think that won't leak into their politics is naiive.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Ahhhh but I said being anti abortion... Not makig abortion illegal. Romney may not agree with abortion but he has not made moves to tey to make it illegal.

I am anti abortion (for birth control
Purposes) but I don't think it should be illegal. I wish women would take sex more seriously and stop viewing it as just fun when it could resilt in
Choosing to end a life (not talking about medical nessecity) but I wouldn't make it illegal ... I am still anti abortion (even though I myself have had to make the choice to terminate for medical reasons)

Although I would say wen have a lot of choice about their bodies when it comes to choosing an act that could result in a pregnancy. Barring rape, we all have a choice. We all know what sex can result in... I sometimes wish there was a little more of a personal responsibility mind set these days. Sex is fun but we all know that babies are a very possible result. I get that people are more sexually liberal but is that a good choice if youcan't handle the real possibilities?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post
Morgan as a write in!!

Srsly.

She promises a National Mandatory Nap Time and federal incentives for hot dog vendors.
Sally and Jack would both like to throw their support behind her!

Morgan for President! Naps you can believe in!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Abortion "as BC" is, imo, an extremist and judgmental label. It's cool if you're against abortion but the simplistic mentality of presuming it's a BC form for more than the minority is ridiculous.

Abortions are painful, distressing, and expensive. It's not super common that you find people using them on the regular and to be very judgmental myself if someone is that off the wall I'm not sure I want more of them in the world, the idea screams idiocracy.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:05 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Abortion "as BC" is, imo, an extremist and judgmental label. It's cool if you're against abortion but the simplistic mentality of presuming it's a BC form for more than the minority is ridiculous.

Abortions are painful, distressing, and expensive. It's not super common that you find people using them on the regular and to be very judgmental myself if someone is that off the wall I'm not sure I want more of them in the world, the idea screams idiocracy.
Judgemental... Probably. Aren't we all judgemental when it comes to something we believe in. I get that we don't want people having babies who shouldn't be having them... Hence one of the reasons I clearly stated it shouldn't be illegal. I still don't agree with it.

I just people would think a little more before engaging in sexual intercourse and stop thinking of it as just fun and really consider the possible consequences. I didn't think of it as anything but fun and I wound up pregnant while tied to an emotionally abusive man and ended up extremely ill and had to make the decision to terminate or not. I fully get that it is distressing but it definitely changed my view of "sex for fun". There are lots of people who have said "if I got pregnant I would have an abortion" like it's nOthing. You can even see some of that here on chaz in past abortion threads.

So maybe it's being judgmental and I will fully admit I am not immune to passing judgment (none of us are) but I am anti abortion but also against making it illegal. I am pro more personal responsibility though.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Judgemental... Probably. Aren't we all judgemental when it comes to something we believe in. I get that we don't want people having babies who shouldn't be having them... Hence one of the reasons I clearly stated it shouldn't be illegal. I still don't agree with it.

I just people would think a little more before engaging in sexual intercourse and stop thinking of it as just fun and really consider the possible consequences. I didn't think of it as anything but fun and I wound up pregnant while tied to an emotionally abusive man and ended up extremely ill and had to make the decision to terminate or not. I fully get that it is distressing but it definitely changed my view of "sex for fun". There are lots of people who have said "if I got pregnant I would have an abortion" like it's nOthing. You can even see some of that here on chaz in past abortion threads.

So maybe it's being judgmental and I will fully admit I am not immune to passing judgment (none of us are) but I am anti abortion but also against making it illegal. I am pro more personal responsibility though.

I don't think abortions should be illegal, but I don't agree with them. If you want to have sex but don't want babies, then you should at least double up on birth control AND realize that you could still get pregnant.

I've heard people throw around the whole "well, I'll just get the abortion pill if I get pregnant, since it's easy." I'm NOT talking about the morning after pull- I'm talking the actual one that terminates the pregnancy. And like Sparks said, I've seen people throw around abortion on this forum as well like it's no big deal.

Judgemental? Maybe. But abortion makes me very sad and I wish people would take more personal responsibility for their actions.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

There you have it. Just because Romney personally believes that abortion is wrong doesn't automatically mean he's out to strip women of all their rights and keep them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

you can have a deep personal belief without passing legislation on it.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Quote:
There you have it. Just because Romney personally believes that abortion is wrong doesn't automatically mean he's out to strip women of all their rights and keep them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

you can have a deep personal belief without passing legislation on it.
Maybe, but I honestly can't imagine that not playing a role in his legislations.

Another thing that bothers me, is that his doesn't support same sex marriage and states this very clearly.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.