Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Show Dog

No, but most of my siblings were around at the time.
I went to work the next day and didn't tell anyone either, as people came up to me during the day they saw the ring and made a big deal.

I don't like being the center of attention.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:16 AM
We are Home.

I dont remember telling much of anyone but he never "proposed" we just all the sudden one day talked about getting married and that was that LOL. We didnt even really tell anyone we were getting married until we did I made a facebook post and it was snuck in that we picked a date but thats it. Our parents knew before hand and a few friends possibly but thats it.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Once the "moment" was over, I would be calling my mom and letting her know. Lol And I'd text my two close friends. Then I'd let my mom tell everyone else. Lol Word spreads quickly in my family.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I would call everyone the next day.. let the whole day be about us as a couple instead of us/everyone else
but that's just me

my best friends/parents would get a call..everyone else could find out on facebook/engagement announcements within the week via email or snail mail. and when I say facebook I mean a text update or a picture of us together..NOT BY me posting a picture of just my hand with the ring. ugh just NO. such a pet peeve of mine.

LOL same. The sad part is, when people don't do this...I always scour their pics to see if I can see the ring, cause I just love looking at the different varieties. But I can't stand that solo ring pic either!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I'm suddenly glad we became engaged before Facebook was really a thing lol.

I told my parents about two weeks later. Same with his. Hubby wanted to get the ring before telling people and that's just how the timing worked out. Once the parents were told I think we called our grandparents and told our close friends the next time we saw them (within a couple days?), and that's about it. Word spreads.

By the 2nd day I was ready to clobber the next person who walked up to me and grabbed my ring finger lol :P

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Top Dog

I called my parents. It was awkward. They weren't thrilled. That quelled my desire to call anyone else, so I just put it on facebook and avoided the computer for a few days.

Hubby called his best friend (who was thrilled) and then called his parents the next day (it was too late with the time difference)