Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
There's a breeder near me that seems to produce some pretty drivey little cavs that do great in agility. Some other cavs, not so much.
I have friends who breed them. They have multiple ADCH dogs, one MACH (and at least one more who is really close there). I don't think they are all super easy dogs to work with - very soft tempered, for the most part - but once they are going, they are pretty much ruling the 12" division. I admit, I've fallen pretty hard for their dogs!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Just saw a "Bugg" today that came out really nice looking, brachycephalic yes but with an actual muzzle. When I first saw him I thought "tiny boxer". His muzzle and skull were proportional and fit together well, he had a nice tuck, topline and fairly long legs. If I were going for a brachycephalic I'd want a copy of that guy.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Top Dog

Labradoodles and Cockerpoos

My Photos
Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Just saw a "Bugg" today that came out really nice looking, brachycephalic yes but with an actual muzzle. When I first saw him I thought "tiny boxer". His muzzle and skull were proportional and fit together well, he had a nice tuck, topline and fairly long legs. If I were going for a brachycephalic I'd want a copy of that guy.
You don't want a "Bugg", trust me. They're awful temperament wise, high strung and often very reactive. And more often than not they have worse breathing than both of the parent breeds. Izzie breathes better than every one of them I've met (and my city is a hot bed for them.)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and Puggle!! Sillybuddy on etsy sells the cutest collars and I have such a crush on Buddy

Plus look at the cute!!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Oh and Tamaskan dogs. Saw one at the park here in London and what a BEAUTIFUL dog. Know nothing about them though. And I don't appreciate the shedding that usually comes along with these kinds of breeds
This! I am also fascinated by wolf dogs and other wild mixes... even though I know it's wrong and I would never ever have one, I'd just love to experience them and live amongst them. I wish I was raised by wolves

~Aura & Riley~
Old 08-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I have friends who breed them. They have multiple ADCH dogs, one MACH (and at least one more who is really close there). I don't think they are all super easy dogs to work with - very soft tempered, for the most part - but once they are going, they are pretty much ruling the 12" division. I admit, I've fallen pretty hard for their dogs!
Thats pretty cool!! I wonder if they are softer than whippets........

They are on my 'someday' list.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM
and Fozzie B!

I really LOVE Central Asian Ovarchkas... I just don't know if I could handle the aggression with strangers. I'll definitely get one if I have a farm someday. They are just stunning dogs, and I have so much respect for their strong temperaments. I met one the other day, and he was just huuuge. Unlike any dog on earth.

I've noticed that Pom mixes are unbelievably cute! I have fallen in love with several that I've groomed. I know this black and white Corgi x Pom, and he's the cutest thing I've ever seen... he has the coloring of a panda, and that's his name. I would steal him in a heartbeat.

Corgi x Pom

Omg look at this Corgi Pei! I'm just obsessed with Corgi mixes.

I also hate to love Pom x Shih Tzus. I'm not a fan of the looks/personality of Shih Tzus at all... but these little guys tend to be very sweet, and they look like ewoks!

Out of the few designer breeds I find very cute, breeding ethics aside, I've yet to meet ONE Labradoodle/Goldendoodle that I liked out of many hundreds. D: I know one cool Goldendoodle (of course she's probably cool because she's overweight... but I really like her owners, she's from an ok breeder, and she's ok with other dogs. She does have chronic life-long ear infections though). The rest are annoying, barkbarkbark, jumpjumpjump, awkward as hell and look like typical mutts to me. ALL of the big Doodles in daycamp were constantly irritating, humping, barking at the other dogs and getting punked for it. I feel like some dogs just shouldn't be mixed, ever. I try to see the appeal and I just can't find it!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

I kinda hate that I love St. Bernards. They totally aren't what I go looking for in a dog. Not very drivey, huge, slobbery, etc. But I just love them. I guess the same could be said for Leonbergers, of which I also adore, except they're a bit more active than St. Bernards. And don't drool as much. Or at least that's the impression I've gotten from meeting and hanging out with both a bit at shows and what their people have told me about both breeds.

One day (a long time from now) I really want to have one of those breeds. But it'd have to be in addition to active, on the go dogs that like to do a lot of things.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I kinda hate that I love St. Bernards. They totally aren't what I go looking for in a dog. Not very drivey, huge, slobbery, etc. But I just love them. I guess the same could be said for Leonbergers, of which I also adore, except they're a bit more active than St. Bernards. And don't drool as much. Or at least that's the impression I've gotten from meeting and hanging out with both a bit at shows and what their people have told me about both breeds.

One day (a long time from now) I really want to have one of those breeds. But it'd have to be in addition to active, on the go dogs that like to do a lot of things.
This, too.

I have a huge "dog crush" on English Mastiff's and Dogue De Bordeaux ... like majorly. But they are definitely not what I "seek" in a dog and are SO out of place in my all my other wants. I could see myself with one wayyyy down the road, when maybe I'm married or have a kid or two (eeekkk, don't even wanna think about it, LOL) and aren't interested in doing dog sports or being extremely active with a dog in general.

I don't know what it is. Just GAH.

I really do think ONE day I'll end up with one.

Brit & Jackson