Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Dreeza's Avatar
Dreeza Dreeza is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 6,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
. I feel like this was reason to not trust this person but try not to let it affect future relationships negatively by not being willing or able to trust.



(((HUGS))))
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Breaking up always sucks :/

But just because he hid stuff doesn't mean everyone will.

.
Thanks guys. This is something i have been dealing with for a LONG time...I somehow, relationship after relationship....always trust what the person is saying.

What I have a hard time doing is trusting MY judgement of that person...cause it seems to be so continuously wrong. Which is just continuously a slap in the face, cause I overwhelmingly have a good read on people (or maybe I;m just crazy).

I don't know if it makes any sense to say that I do trust them, but don't trust my judgement, but this is the thing I come to all the time.
__________________

Thanks Jessie!

Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreeza View Post
Thanks guys. This is something i have been dealing with for a LONG time...I somehow, relationship after relationship....always trust what the person is saying.

What I have a hard time doing is trusting MY judgement of that person...cause it seems to be so continuously wrong. Which is just continuously a slap in the face, cause I overwhelmingly have a good read on people (or maybe I;m just crazy).

I don't know if it makes any sense to say that I do trust them, but don't trust my judgement, but this is the thing I come to all the time.



Maybe you are subconsicously really do want kids and am drawn to the father types.

I really dont blame the dad for not telling you right out front , look how fast you dropped him , not saying you are wrong or anything. but it is common to see baggae and not the person who carries it.

And yes while being a parent IS important , it is not the end all be all of a person , I am the same person I was before kids , I just now have more to love and torture erm nurture . lol


but I do wish you all the best and have faith , you will find someone when you least expect it!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Maybe you are subconsicously really do want kids and am drawn to the father types.

I really dont blame the dad for not telling you right out front , look how fast you dropped him , not saying you are wrong or anything. but it is common to see baggage and not the person who carries it.

And yes while being a parent IS important , it is not the end all be all of a person , I am the same person I was before kids , I just now have more to love and torture erm nurture . lol


but I do wish you all the best and have faith , you will find someone when you least expect it!
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Sit! Good dog.
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 17,626
Default

When you meet the right one, you won't need to make threads like this.

That's how you'll know
__________________
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."


Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein


Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post

I really dont blame the dad for not telling you right out front , look how fast you dropped him , not saying you are wrong or anything. but it is common to see baggae and not the person who carries it.

And yes while being a parent IS important , it is not the end all be all of a person , I am the same person I was before kids , I just now have more to love and torture erm nurture . lol
I just wanted to point out that she didn't drop him just because he's a dad if you read her post it's also because he hid a large portion of his life from her. And it was a large portion of his life he SHOULD have been open with from the beginning.

And I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way especially since so many people here have children but IMO NO ONE is the same person that they were before they had kids. You may still have the same/similar beliefs, sense of humor, and personality. But you have WAAAAAAY different priorities and responsibilities than you did before you have kids. These aren't small differences these are huge giant game changing differences.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,362
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
When you meet the right one, you won't need to make threads like this.

That's how you'll know
This!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I just wanted to point out that she didn't drop him just because he's a dad if you read her post it's also because he hid a large portion of his life from her. And it was a large portion of his life he SHOULD have been open with from the beginning.

And I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way especially since so many people here have children but IMO NO ONE is the same person that they were before they had kids. You may still have the same/similar beliefs, sense of humor, and personality. But you have WAAAAAAY different priorities and responsibilities than you did before you have kids. These aren't small differences these are huge giant game changing differences.
And this!!!!

I really DON'T understand why he hid it. He was worried about her bolting? Well... A) if someone bolts because you have kids is that the person you would want to be with and have your kids around anyway? And B). Is prolonging the bolting a month or two going to make it easier on anyone? Not likely
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
-bogart- -bogart- is offline
Member of WHODAT Nation.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I just wanted to point out that she didn't drop him just because he's a dad if you read her post it's also because he hid a large portion of his life from her. And it was a large portion of his life he SHOULD have been open with from the beginning.

And I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way especially since so many people here have children but IMO NO ONE is the same person that they were before they had kids. You may still have the same/similar beliefs, sense of humor, and personality. But you have WAAAAAAY different priorities and responsibilities than you did before you have kids. These aren't small differences these are huge giant game changing differences.
I did read it , who you are at the core does not change. your priorities change sure , but fundamentally the person you are is who you are. babies popping out does not majically make a person make better/worse/different choices. if it did then there would be no child ever abused.

in this case i feel he would not have changed , because the kids are here (well there) already .

anyway , i DO NOT Blame her for breaking , her feeling are her feeling no matter what and she is entitled to them.

Just wanted to clarify again I do not blame her , but i can see his side.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Dreeza's Avatar
Dreeza Dreeza is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 6,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post

Just wanted to clarify again I do not blame her , but i can see his side.
yah, i definitely see his side as well. I get why he did it. Just don't think it is right. He started playing the "im feeling so sorry for myself" card, so I ended up writing him this in an email:

"
I have been thinking about writing this email ever since you left Tuesday...still a little hesitant, but I think I just need to ensure some things are cleared up. I hope you understand that while some of these things may not exactly be the kindest words, I am writing this because I care about you & in hope that it will help you in the future. Even though it might not be want you want to read in the short term.

While I understand that things did not go the way you hoped, it is very hard to feel sorry for you in this situation. While (I believe) unintentional, you brought this upon yourself. You not only waited til I was emotionally involved - but you clearly were as well, therefore making it harder for you to deal with this end result. I suppose I could have asked, but I truly trusted that you were the type of person who would have shared such information. When I was in Seattle, my sister even asked if you had been married - I said 'no'...and even followed it up with 'well, i guess i never actually asked, but I'm sure he would have told me if he had been'. And it is THAT aspect...that you waited to tell me... that led to my decision to end things. It is NOT because you have children or were married.

It is tough to say what I would have responded had you told me after a 3rd or 4th date, especially since on Monday night, I really was willing to give it a try...until it dawned on me how upset I was about the fact that you not only waited to tell me...but that I'm not even sure if you would have told me then had I not directly asked about you having kids. If you recall...you still did not voluntarily share that information.

Anyways, I don't know what else to say...I really do not think you did any of this (and if I am wrong about this...don't correct me...that will really **** with my already ****ed up head) out of any sort of malicious intent. I think you are a really great guy & overwhelmingly have good qualities. I am usually the master of finding something wrong with people, and up until Monday...the only bad thing I could 'find' was just that you seemed 'guarded & hesitant' about something (ha). I guess I just want you to know that I don't think you are a bad person - I just think you made a big mistake here. And I'm hoping me being honest with you will help prevent you from making it again in the future."

He answered (won't include it), but it seemed to be a very sincere apology, which I really didn't feel like i had received up until then. So I just responded back saying that I appreciated it & forgave him.

Now I just hope it is closed.


The more I think about it, the more I think I would have given it a shot had he told me appropriately.
__________________

Thanks Jessie!

Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 AM
ihartgonzo's Avatar
ihartgonzo ihartgonzo is offline
and Fozzie B!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,903
Default

I totally agree with your e-mail to him & I would've done the same thing! It's hard to break up, but you have to do what is best for YOU. Just suppressing feelings and living with resentment isn't healthy. I've found out that, especially with guys, if you let lies slide they just think it's ok and it only gets worse. Omg, the fact that it was you who had to directly ask about kids to find out after all this time? That bothers me even more. :/ I wonder how long he would've gone before telling you? I wouldn't want to do anything with someone like that which could result in me getting pregnant... and God forbid having his kids, who he'd go on to hide from future girlfriends. That's not right! I'm sorry you were misled like that... but I'm glad you went with your gut and didn't put up with being lied to.
__________________


<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site